1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Forget About Age and Health - T-Mac vs. LeBron - Who's the better player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMac#1, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Sextuple Double

Of course T-Mac.

If I want to assemble a team to win a championship right now(not 6-7 years from now) and have a choice between the two, I'd take T-Mac without a 2nd guess.

2. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

Ok, so you're saying that bowen fears T-mac more than LBJ...so doesn't that say he's the better player? I can understand you thinking that LBJ is the better player, but I don't understand why you added that last tidbit in. It just kind of argues against your statement that you would take him over T-mac. And what do you mean you don't care about setting the back issues and age aside? That was the original question...who would you take, T-mac in his PRIME or LBJ right NOW? For me, it's an easy decision...T-mac. At age 22, Tracy was a MUCH better player than LBJ is right now. Does everyone seem to forget about the argument everyone was having back then "who's better Kobe or Tracy"? I don't think I've ever heard any commentators or analysts ask that question concerning Kobe and LBJ...

3. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

let's be real. tmac's status is not what it was simply of the back. the back is huge. he has to put together 2 straight healthy seasons to shut off any doubt.

obviously i think tmac is the better player. but again, until tmac puts 2 seasons where he plays 70+ games, then most ppl will take lebron.

but like i said earlier, tmac at 22 was a beast.

4. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I don't think t-mac ever got the recognition he deserved in his career, probably because he played in Orlando and Houston and did not have the huge hype coming into the league and the huge Nike and Sprite and Gatorade endorsement. Regardless of his his teams have won a series, the things he has done in the playoffs are unreal. Look at the stats, they are monstrous. Even this yr, when Yao was out he was fantastic, scoring 35 and dominating every night even with injury and 10 yrs in the league, he stepped up and played great.

In a game in San Antonio this yr, he slapped the Spurs with 37 points and was torching Bowen all night with clutch shot after clutch shot. Utah was mauling him for 7 games and he still managed to put 29 and 16 asts and 26 and 13 asts in 2 gms and was pretty effective the whole series when his teammates were terrible. Bowen is barely even guarding LeBron and he has been terrible, throwing up brick after brick of non-paint shots and making stupid, terrible passes over and over.

T-mac never gets props around the country, because LBJ is Nike and Sprite's posterboy, but the truth is he still isn't in the same area as Kobe and t-mac or d-wade.

5. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

a wizards team without 2 all stars...lol

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm glad that Tracy, sitting at home in his computer in May and June like always, will be able to read this and know he is NUMBER 1!

7. u851662

u851662 Contributing Member

Riiiggght! Im reading thinking the same thing. Some people must have invested in an expensive pair of Rockets shades! TMAC has NEVER made it out of the first round.... Enough said! Excuses, excuses.... :cool:

8. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lebron averaged 30/7/7 his sophomore year which is better than any one of t-mac's years.

u have to be a fool to not take lebron over t-mac right now.

9. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lebron's the best player in the nba right now. t-mac's fallen off hard and isnt even included in the best players' discussions. it's all about kobe, wade, lebron, and dirk. t-mac's an afterthought whos never made it out the first round. lebron's accomplished more this year than t-mac has his entire career.

10. MacGreat

MacGreat Member

Tmac = Lebron James X 2

11. koopa

koopa Member

lebron is better because it's only his what year and he's alraedy in the finals..tmac never got past the first round in the many years he's been

12. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

TMac hasn't gotten out of the first round, Lebron is in the finals... Both have played in the east. Tracy has Yao and a bunch of average or below average role players. Lebron just has a bunch of average and below average role players.

Beyond that you can't "forget about age and health" as I believe both of those are huge factors in why TMac isn't as aggressive in attacking the basket as he was in the past.

I guarantee you that Cleveland would never consider trading Lebron for TMac, and the Rockets would not hesitate to trade TMac for Lebron.

13. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

fallen off and still all-nba 2nd team??? even after the worst 2 months of his career? wow

and just when u mention dirk, u have no credibility. tmac right now > dirk anytime of the day.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

def. lebron is more accomplished right now in his career simply for this playoff run this yr.

winning IS important. the lack of winning is a BIG hole in tracy's resume and thus his lacking legacy.

but he still has 3-4 more great yrs left so we'll see. yao can only get better. we're adding pieces.

next yr is huge.

obviously accomplishment wise, a lot of star players outside of melo have more accomplishments than tracy. but skill-wise, i think he's still top 2 behind kobe. no one can do literally EVERYTHING that tracy can do (outside of kobe).

15. cavevato

cavevato Member

To me it seems like they are the same player at this point in their careers. I think in the end the difference between them will be that Tmac started his career being a scorer first and a facillitator later on.Lebron has started his career being a facillitator but I see him being more of a scorer as his career progresses.

If I had to choose I think I would choose Tmac.Lebron is good, real good , but I think what skews people perceptions of him is how talented he was/is for such a young age.With exp. he will get better, but I dont see him getting that much better.Of course my opinion probably means nothing as Tmac is my favorite player :p

16. buiyahkah

buiyahkah Contributing Member

KOBE >>> LBJ

17. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Lebron is better, but not by much. People dont realize just how good of an overall player Tmac is look at the numbers in these playoffs. Aside from random ill-advised shots he occasionally takes, he had an exceptional series, better than Lebron so far against the spurs.

18. slmonky

slmonky Member

I think they are pretty much even at this point.
    LJB has advantage on his age and body built.
    but Tmac has advangage on skillset..
    But when Tmac is on his attack mode, he can be the best player in the league. even better than Kobe.

19. Barkley

Barkley Member

I agree. Wteh Tracy is on fire there is no guy who can stop him. He just raises up over and he wknows the ball wil go in from anywhere on the floor. LeBron can make on tough jump shoot and then he can miss the easy one. He's not a shooter. He's just a scorer inside

20. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I promise that even being 5 yrs older, 6 more yrs in the league and with a history of back problems that t-mac would have played much better than LeBron in that Finals, if they were to switch places. I ahve never seen t-mac make that many stupid decsions or mistakes or turnovers. The Spurs were not even guarding him and he still sucked and his weaknesses were exposed. He dominates a weak East, he still is no Kobe or t-mac or even d-wade. Those are still the top 3.