1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ford Mustang - Chick Car Or Not??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

The 2003 Viper is kinda ugly, it is smaller and looks like an old Corvette to me.

Dreamshake - lpbman is talking about a stock cobra vs a stock vette. 390 (4.7 0-60) versus 345hp ( low 5's 0-60 ).

2. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Why wouldnt you compare the two. They are built to battle each other. They have almost the same criteria. Horses are near the same and torque is all but the same.

But if we must.

Corvette coupe:

350 Horses. 375 lb/ft tourqe

Best 0-60 mph:.............................................4.6 sec
    Best 1/4 mile: ...............................................13.22/109 mph
    Best 60-0 mph braking:................................125 feet
    EPA fuel economy rating: ..........................19 city/28 hwy
    Top Speed..................................................175 mph

Faster 0-60 time, slower quarter mile, faster top end. From a car that 40 less horses, and considerable less torque.

3. Sonny

So Dreamshake, the Cobra eeks out the win over the Vette, plus you have 5-10k in your pocket. :)

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i saw a girl on west gray near montrose driving like a 2000 or 01 or 02 Mustang GT. It sounded kind of funny or something. Ususally when i see girls in Mustangs, it's just plain ol Mustangs.
    A chick car is a freaking Miata. What's funny is when i see guys driving Miatas. I love it when they having their suits on talking on the phone like it's all important. Next time you see a Guy in a Miata, tell him he looks like a dufous for driving a Miata. A Honda Prelude is not a chick car. And a Honda S2000 is pretty nice. It better not turn to a girl car. An S2000 parked next to me in vietnam town near Travis and Milam or Tuam, one of them roads. That was nice. Charcoal, with red exterior.
    I was eating noodles in a restaurant in that area. I was siting next to the window. I'm looking the cars go by. I see a Camry. I see a mazda minivan. I see an explorer. All of a sudden I see a big ass catapiller construction tool thing driving around. I thought that was funny.

5. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

How did the Cobra eek out the win?

The regular Vette has a quicker 0-60 time
    A very close quarter mile time at the same speed
    A faster overall speed
    Better Gas milage
    Better Braking
    Pulls more lateral G's

All this with 40 less horsepower, and considerably less torque

And is Only about 5 K more. Not 5-10 K more :D

Sports and Cars, what else is there?

And what crack are you guys smoking? A viper looks good no matter what. Its a sin to call any Viper Ugly. Id seriously cut a pinky toe off to own one.

6. lpbman

lpbman Member

yes Stock it's darn close

but for 100 bucks more

you change the blower pulley
    and wham

zo6 eater

the stock cobra's only running 8lbs of boost

7. lpbman

lpbman Member

Ditto Dreamshake

know anyone who's looking for a Kidney?

Good condition but it won't come cheap

8. Sonny

I meant "eek out the win" in a race. Just depends on the driver. I beat a 1998 vetter several times in my 2000 SS.

As far as value it is anyone's call. Cobra will probably have cheaper insurance than a vette, and later on the replacement parts will probably be cheaper too.

If 5k isn't much to you, then why not just get the z06 and forget about it? :)

9. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member