1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ford Mustang 101

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ehsan, May 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

What are we looking at for that price tag? $65,000 minimum stateside? for 420 HP?

HAHAHA...okokok...Buy the Premium GT($30,000 in the states), forged internals engine ($10,000) COMPLETE Handling Package($5,000), and a KB 2.8L Intercooled Supercharger($6500). Add rims and Bodykit ($5,000).

What price are we looking at for a beast capable of easily over 600 hp with pulley swaps and tune that can put the power to the ground and corner on a dime?

Or get the new M3 for over $10,000 more for much less car.

Yeah...Good call there.

2. russian88

russian88 Contributing Member

3. Falcons Talon

BMW M3 price tag...
    £50,625

What is the pound conversion to US dollars?
    according to http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic,
    50,625 British Pound = $99,995.5 US Dollar

"the beast is capable of producing up to 420 hp @ 8,300 rpm and a peak torque of 295 lb-ft reached at 3,900 rpm."

Peak torque 295 lb-ft? Hahaha...I think my lug nuts take more torque to tighten than this BMW will put to the ground...Beast? Hardly. :rolleyes:

http://autoreview.belproject.com/item/375

Ummm...With 100 grand, Buy the KR and then further upgrade it.

#23 Falcons Talon, May 21, 2007
    Last edited: May 21, 2007
  4. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Its still a FORD :rolleyes:

5. Falcons Talon

No wonder you chose that screen name. They don't come much cooler than you.

6. CoolGuy

........ :(

7. Falcons Talon

Hey, if you meant nothing by it, no big deal. I just get tired of guys crapping on the Mustang. It's only been around for almost half a century, but guys still want to crap on it because its a "Ford".

8. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAtb2KbY_zM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAtb2KbY_zM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Don't get into a car chase with a Mustang. Especially when it's driven by Steve McQueen. You will lose.

9. Falcons Talon

Bullits are awesome!!!

10. Falcons Talon

http://www.atlantamustangclub.com/Page4412.aspx

11. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Mustang = P@#ntang
    It's a total chick car. And by "chick car" I mean chicks drive them...especially sorority b!tches.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Soccer moms and stuck up sorority b****es drive BMW's.

:p

13. CoolGuy

Lets not turn this into a BMW vs. Ford thread, that would just be to easy :cool:

14. Falcons Talon

And you like which car?

15. Falcons Talon

You're right. It would be.

Every fresa I know would love to own a BMW. I can't own one. I like to get my hands dirty working on engines. I don't know if BMW owners are allowed to mess up their manicures.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My Dad had that model. (got my '65 fastback from him after he bought that one) I swear, he got it because of Bullitt. :cool:

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Mocking the reliablity of Ford and then suggesting to buy a BMW is pretty laughable.

18. CoolGuy

did i say anything about reliability, i simply stated its a ford. coming to the conclusion that its not reliable is all you....and now that is laughable....

all im sayin is, if im going to spend $40K+ on a car, its def not going to be a damn Ford....and yes, if you buy a ford, expect to get your hands dirty, thats a given.

19. Falcons Talon

Which BMW are you going to get for $40,000?
    How about that M3 you spoke of?

You're damn right I'm going to get my hands dirty. I don't mind I enjoy adding parts to improve performance to my vehicle...most men do. As a matter of fact, I'm about to put my 351w bored out .60 over back in my 92 GT. I should get a little greasy doing that. Oh yeah, that car cost me $16,000 in 1992, and I probably spent another $5,000 to put out 390 ft lb of torque. How much torque did that "Beast" of an M3 put out again...oh yeah, 295 ft lb...at 415 hp...I hope you have a loooong stretch of road to get up to speed.

Oh, and for the record, my exes BMW was a piece of ****...so much hooplah for just another car. And it broke down more than my mustang and was a helluva lot more expensive to fix...but I guess if you can afford the "Beast", you can afford the upkeep. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong...BMW are "pretty" cars and have their place...driving to and from nail salons and whatnot.

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Give me that Charger any day. 440 Mopar vs. 390 Ford? Only with Steve McQueen driving does the Ford have a chance.