1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ford: Mock Draft 4.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Andre Barrett, Apr 30, 2012.

1. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I want Perry Jones. If that involves trading up then I think he should do it. He's probably the guy with the most upside outside of Davis. The guy's either gonna be a star or a complete bust, which I'm totally fine with. At this point, I can't stand any more so-so.

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

The who?

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Totally agree!

I think Jones COULD end up being the best player in the draft... Obviously guys like Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist and maybe even Beal are much more "sure things" than Jones but the upside is insane!

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't understand how anyone who watched Perry Jones consistently during his time at Baylor can think highly of him. He plays small and timid, and completely disappears in big-time situations.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Can't teach height and athleticism.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I know Chad Ford's more of a guy with connections rather than any actual knowledge of basketball. But for him to have us draft two PFs, not PF/C or power-3s, but simple PFs, is pretty ludicrous.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Can't teach timidness and weakness either. He has seemed to learn that though.:rolleyes:

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

NO to Terrence Jones at 14th, and YES to Arnett Moultrie at 16th.

If Jeremy Lamb is still on the Board I would take him at 14th. Kid has a very high ceiling! A definite gamble worth taking at 14th.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

When has Chad Ford been right about who the Rockets take in the draft? The Rockets play their cards very close to the chest when it comes to the draft.

Ford does a good job at finding out what are the players that will be in the lottery, but he's far from perfect outside the top 3.

At 14 & 16 we all will probably be a little bit shocked at whoever they take, and if one thing is for certain they wont draft based on need. Remember Aaron Brooks was taken with 3 other PG's already on the roster.

10. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

my two cents on Perry Jones:
    if he doesn't have the drive and killer instinct now, what makes people think he'll suddenly "get it" in the pros? he doesn't dominate now so why in the pros? oooh the potential. athletic ability doesn't mean much if you don't have drive.

11. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

for our team, i'll pass on him.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Have to repeat myself for like the 10th time:

PJ III, Wroten, White, Melo, Draymond Green. Want these guys, trade Scola, K-Mart, Lowry.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Well In P.Jones defense; people were having the same drive questions about Donatas last year, and he turned around to have a great season in Europe. So it may not have been his drive that should have been put into questioning; other factors could have affected D-Mo's play the previous year...

What I'm trying to get to is that there can be certain factors that can affect P.Jones play on the court besides his drive. So I think its a tad bit early to be certain in saying that its his drive that's the problem - even if at times he looks tentative and passive on the court.

14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

DORON or JEREMY?

I personally think Doron Lamb will not be a good NBA player and I wouldn't even consider him in the first round. Jeremy Lamb on the other hand is pretty damn good...

15. AFS

AFS Member

I meant Jeremy Lamb. Talent like his is a lock for late-lottery and I doubt the Rockets would pass on him twice.

16. what

what Member

Jeremy Lamb is not going to fall that far. He is a typical uconn player. But, that said, gms have been known to do stupid things Greg Monroe was such a clear star coming out of college and he went 7th. Cousin's the beast went 5th.

Lamb had an off year but I really like this kid's game.

1 person likes this.
  17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Good to see Henson's working out here in houston.

Should give him a good chance to familiarize himself with the city... ;)

18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Perry Jones stands as a risky pick for any team, especially early on.

Though, I must say a forward combo of Jones and Motiejunas is beyond intriguing, off the bench or as a possible starters, given the uncertainty of the roster for next season.

We'd have a dynamic, explosive bench, if that happens.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You can teach the opposite of that actually. He looked good against Anthony Davis in the second half when he went into attack mode. Guys like Perry Jones and Quincy Miller are the players that the Rockets need to go after. Guys with star potential. I have a hunch they'll get one and would love it if we could get both.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I agree. I'm a Baylor grad, and I don't want the Rockets to draft Perry Jones at all. He was absolutely my least favorite player on the team last year. I would not have the same reservations about Quincy Miller....I'd be great with the Rockets drafting him.