1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those who went to the game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, May 1, 2009.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Wasn't that amazing? I'm pissed TNT turned down the crowd noise so much. It got so loud in there with about 2 minutes left. On TV it sounded like what it actually sounds like in the TC when the opposing team makes a free throw.

The crowd was always standing and cheering, and basically every seat was filled.

Some other things:

-Saw Morey a couple of rows from me, he was standing on every big play, getting pissed off on every bad call, lots of enthusiasm for our GM.

-Jim Foley was dancing his ass off during YMCA, he looked really happy.

-I felt absolutely terrible about the game not being seen on TNT for the first half... Was it on local?

2. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I loved seeing those posters at the game. Props to whoever thought those up.

One said "Blazers, where trailing happens"
    "Blazers, your trail stops here"
    Then there was a Battier jersey that said "Beat LA" on the back

3. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

I was there and the crowd was electric! I've seen many threads about the TC during the begining of the series but it had to be the total opposite last night. Good job Houston.

4. mag

mag Contributing Member

Fortunately the game was on My20 on HD. ;) ;)

5. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

my20 wasn't too loud either, but i do notice the game is amazingly louder in person

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Are you kidding? my20 on my TV was so loud, and it was all time. I could see the huge difference between my20 and TNT when I was switching. In the playoff, the houston fans are one of the best ones in NBA, ppl need stop complain the fans here.

7. zackbupt

zackbupt Member

god I wanna book a round trip tix to Houston...

8. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Yeah it was absolutely electric. Had a blast. Still don't have much of a voice. Great, great night.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL I was looking up prices last night for Round two. Unfortunately they were out of my price range.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thats why I booked my weeks ago using my best guesstimation to the possible dates from past playoff series

11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Does anyone know that my20 is NOT BROADCASTING anymore? I head Matt Bill and all of em say stuff like "It's been a great year" "we dont have any more games to broadcast" wtf is that crap, now how am i going to watch the games?

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

have you been at the game? it sounds a bit louder to me, but the only way to really experience it is by going to the game!

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what I didn't hear that. MY20 is broadcasting all games!

14. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Hope you enjoy watching the game at a sports bar. Round 2 tickets are ridiculous.

Anyways, TC was ecstatic. I don't think I've ever heard it being that allowed.

Good times.

Oh, and to the hundreds that were chanting "Kobe sucks!"...

NEWSFLASH: He does not.

15. zackbupt

zackbupt Member

that was smart!

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It was loud, but I was in the club level and the fans there suck. Probably only half of them were really into the game.

The worst part about it was that after halftime ended, half of the club level were still at the bars watching the end of the Celtics game and missed the first few minutes of the second half.

Ridiculous

17. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, I have been at the games every year, but not in the playoff games because of the difficulty of the tickets, I may go to the game next week this year, I like to see the red fans in person.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

it's true, that was the last game of the year for them.

the second round(and hopefully beyond) will be on national only (TNT/ABC/ESPN/NBAtv)

and as for the sound issue on tv, the sound guys use mics that greatly reduce the surrounding noise so their broadcasters can be heard clearly.....you can really never accurately tell what the sound level is on tv because of this.

19. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

As I understand it, the NBA only lets the local station show the 1st round. You'll have to watch the rest of the games on TNT, ABC, ESPN.

20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

argh.. you should have told me to do the same thing! LOL

I am going to keep an eye on them this weekend and see if I can sneak a good price in, but it doesn't look promising.

It's freaking expensive flying from Cincinnati anywhere.