1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those who think this trade deadline was a disappointment

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by skyline07, Mar 15, 2012.

1. skyline07

skyline07 Member

After picking myself back up from the floor, I soon realized that these trades are all setting us up for this summer. Think about it, we were able to get rid of Flynn, Hill, and Hasheem, all with large rookie contracts and whom honestly didn't receive any play time. The core of our team is still there. Our starting 5 still remains and we were able to add Camby and take out the trash with those 3 players gone + a 1st round pick from the Lakers/Dallas. Overall all the players we still like remain on this team. Not disappointed at all because something is big is gonna happen this summer.

1 person likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think something will still be announced.

3. Mr. Space City

another year of false hope.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fostate

Fostate Member

how so

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Tanking this year was never going to happen, so people need to let that idea go.

The real heavy lifting will come this offseason. It will be total team makeover.

And whatever doesn't get taken care of in the offseason will undoubtedly go down at the deadline.

Provided Stern doesn't intervene. *Snicker*

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Noting immediately impact the offseason really. We actually have to take on Fisher's $4 mil also salary if he chooses to opt in.

7. swordghost

swordghost Member

I don't see these moves affect our post-season operations, as we basically merged 2 expirings into 1 in Camby, and sold a expiring in Jordan to get Fisher's contract for the next year and heavily protected 1st round pick.

On the other hand, these proven vets should give us a good boost for the playoff.

8. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Funny that Rockets were looking for 1st round picks and now they made moves to make a run in the playoffs, doesn't make sense.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

To Les, it makes sense.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude, every year we set ourselves up for the next year ...but oh, next year, that's when we will be able to reposition the franchise.

The only person who thinks that we can trade our way into contention is Morey and Les. I do not. I want to rebuild through the draft.

I like the moves to help us get to the playoffs, and that could be fun, but we are still no where closer to putting ourselves in a position to build a real contender. we are just treading water ...like we always do. at some point you have to call it like it is. the strategy has been a falure up to this point, and we need to think about rebuilding the old fashioned way ...through the draft.

11. Margrave

Margrave Member

I am dissappointed, it seems more of the same "Hurry up and wait" stuff.

Why is Kmart still a Rocket, why was a declining Scola not flipped?

Where is the team headed?

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Please do not get me excited for the summer that will never appear. Who is the big guy who will supposedly not go for our southern charm and big contract next? Morey needs to start early and send him flowers.

13. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

14. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Basically the only thing that would have made you happy this season is to watch the Rockets lose every game and get a chance at the top pick? So tell us now, who you would pick with that selection that would turn our bottom of the league team around?

1 person likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

portland is done with trying to piece together a makeshift playoff team after their franchise player retires due to injures.

rockets should get the memo.

16. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Yes that would make me happy as well.

I would draft Anthony Davis or harrison barnes.

Next.

17. ashiin

ashiin Member

We got a first round pick, y u mad?

18. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

anthony davis as the top pick is better than drafting 14 again and sending him to the d-league.. let me ask u this.. what has morey done that has made us better.. winning 40 games a year and drafting at 14 is greatness huh… so let's try the tanking way and see.. the rockets won 2 championships with who? oh thats right with the DRAFTED hakeem Olajuwon.. not the traded for hakeem.. we have to draft our star like dallas did and like we did with the Dream.. sorry but tanking must happen.. until morey can prove us wrong by doing it differently and succeeding then i'll stick to the way that has already netted us two rings..

1 person likes this.
  19. Margrave

Margrave Member

Agree with the thought, but Dallas traded for their star on draft night for Tractor Taylor.

20. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Awesome trade- Thabeet, Hill+Flynn for Camby+Fisher. Grade A. Would have game him an A PLUS if he included T-Will and Bud for Gerald Wallace.