1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the people that believe in GOD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, May 4, 2011.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I went a bit through the same deal. I was raised in church and eventually I grew sick of the whole concept of God and blaming some evil man downstairs for all my misfortunes.

As of now, I've strayed away from God and the Bible and all this other stuff that simply didn't convince me anymore and I've never been a happier person. For some faith really does work and it truly does wonders in their life, in others you just grow tired of the constant bull**** and you realize that stuff isn't for you. I think due to the circumstances in life I was given, I just learned how to be a strong, independent person and for that very reason I really don't care to have some sort of extra hope in some God.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe in God, however, I doubt he really keeps a constant watch on us and rather he is just there to keep the balance of life no matter how ****ed up we might think it is.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

For the people WHO believe in grammar, the thread title is wrong.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

One of these days a lot of you are really going to be shocked when you find out God is real. If you find out by dying it's too late.:( I pray that you "see the light" soon.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There is no god. thanks

5. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

cml realllllly likes the 'believe in my christian god or you'll go to hell' argument.

6. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Such a weird way to proselytize, yet so prevalent.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Unfortunately it is not an "option plan" and it is not just believing in God but believing he sent his only begotten son to redeem anyone who will believe in him from their sins. That is the ONLY way to get to Heaven. I have never in my life seen so many none believers. I guess that explains why the world is heading in the direction it is heading. Actually this fits with prophecy quite well. If some of you guys would take the time to study prophecy you would realize the truth and be aware of what is coming. I know people will make a lot of fun of my next statement however I really don't care. I believe in the next few months to years (by 2015) that many of you will see hundreds of millions of people disappear from this Earth at the same time. This will be the rapture where the true Christians are taken to Heaven to avoid the tribulation. After that there will come a charismatic leader(the Antichrist) who will lead the world to a type of one world government for seven years. He will be accompanied by a prophet(the false prophet) who will do many wondrous things but will be evil. Sometime after the Antichrist takes over you will have receive his mark to participate in the economy however doing this will condemn you forever. At the end of the seven years Jesus will return to the Earth to set up his kingdom.

Go ahead and laugh away guys but this WILL happen. I may be wrong about the time frame but I don't think so. Almost all the prophecies have come to pass except those that happen in the last seven years. The key to all this is Israel. As you see Israel become more and more the focal point of the world watch out. I just pray that some of you guys see the light before the Rapture because those seven years will be hell on Earth.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Everyone in the history of the universe who has every said, implied, or even hinted at what you just put forth has been wrong. E-v-e-r-y-o-n-e.

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Who knew cml was a 7th Year adventist....

It's weird though. For the real SDAs, they keep in ticking after taking that licking.

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

How come only Christians get to go to heaven? You said hundred of millions of people will disappear, but if only Christians get to ride out to Heaven, that means billions of people will die. :(

Why can't I believe? /sarcasm

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

preaching religion on a fan forum is like trying to convince me that Dwight Howard wont be a top 5 center.....Waisting energy in the fingers!!!

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Basketball > God.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I would hate to think what would happen if the christian god wasn't an all-loving omnipotent deity. Who knows, maybe he'd kill us all with a flood if he wasn't...

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure where you are getting this information from. The people who wrote the bible thought the new age of Christ would happen during their lifetime and all the prophesies would be fulfilled then. As far as the fundamentalist view on prophesies I could make the case that around WWII is when all the prophesies came to pass, with the creation of Israel the evil of Hitler Haile Selassi in Ethopia etc.

Anyway I've rethought my whole idea about heaven based on further study of the bible and the teachings of Jesus.

15. Landlord Landry

one of these days youre going to be really shocked when you find out the tooth fairy is real. Muthafrucker snatches up little kids and knocks their toofers out for dolla dolla bills yall. You gotta spend eternity listening to black eyed peas and montell jordan on a loop if you dont believe.

The only way to be saved from this torment is to scream at the top of your lungs that you believe the tooth fairy is the emperor sorcerer. but you have to do it in public....with at least 100 people. 99 people? you get the peas and this is how we do it. the tooth fairy will know. he is ill like that.

also...try to mention stuff about turtles. gets you into the vip afterlife.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I guess I'll take my chances. I'm pretty sure a lot of awesome people we'll be staying behind since a lot are not saved. Seriously, this is where it all blew up in my mind, nice people that care and put themselves in front others are going to hell because they chose not to be "saved". The fact that no church can agree on one set of principles also bothers me, they all seem to have different interpretations of the Bible and they seem to take shots at each other because of it.

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."

-Thomas Jefferson

18. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

you are going to get trolled all through this thread.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Gorgyles!!!!

[​IMG]

20. mclawson

mclawson Member

And when you're wrong, when will you bump the date back to? I want to be prepared.