1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the love of Chuckie Brown, you clowns made me come out from under my rock!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stardog75, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

I completely agree about the average Spurs fan. I never said that they don't annoy the hell out of me! "Go Spurs Go" is the lamest team phrase I've ever heard and they've been using it for almost 20 years. How could the Spurs marketing department not come up with something more original than that?! And don't even get me started on how they play music over the P.A. when the Spurs have the ball. The local commercials for Spurs games were easily the worst commercials in the league before League Pass stopped showing commercials. Of course, Spurs fans are under this delusion that they are somehow classy and they never ever shut up about it. I always tell them that there's nothing classy about talking about how much class you have. Thankfully, there are not as many Spurs fans in Asutin as you'd think there would be.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not sure how the "record" is relevant when it's only 3 games, the Rockets can lose by 300 pts on one game and that'll set a new record, but in terms of winning a ring how much impact does that have? I understand being upset is normal with getting blown out by 20+ in the last 3 games however the reaction on the board is fire mchale, fire morey, trade the etc. it is easy to get annoyed with all the over reacting people on the board, the average age of the posters here should be 18 and up but the posts are reminiscent of 12 year olds in terms of foresight.

You also have to keep in mind this is only pre-trade deadline. After the trade deadline is the actual season because that's when you see the final make up of the teams you will be battling against. To be honest, I'm not concerned at all the Rox had a bad camp which will result in a horrible 1-2 months of play. If after 2 months they're still losing by 20 pts then that's the time you panic and talk about the season being lost.

This string of terrible games isn't a surprise if you think that they had a bad camp vs teams that had an amazing camp like GSW.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This issue has been discussed here ad nauseam to get your answer you simply have to look at one of the billion other anger threads on Clutchfans right now. The Rockets basically just had the worst 3 game start in NBA history and you are trying to tell us it doesn't matter? lol OK, dude people are gonna be angry especially since we were all expecting at the very least to be competitive. 3 simple losses fine but three blow outs?? The reason why there are flame wars is because people like you are in denial or still don't get it and can't stand those of us who aren't denial and understand the ramifications.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's going to be a long season, but then again if we win a couple in a row all this will be forgotten

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ever heard of playoff seeding and how every game matters in the West? :confused:

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm just going to avoid the GARM for awhile.

Too much stupid.

7. MD_in_Training

Can you explain exactly how you came about that losing 3 games is the same as being down by 4 in a game? I would argue the two are not even close to the same thing.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Because Harden banging three strippers is mathematically equivalent to Curry making 4 threes.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Just because there are other morons out there and you have a reason to be proud of being one of them?

Excellent.

No wonder why the Texans sucking so bad in this town and still their management just won't give a fork, cause there are many fans always will say, yeah, look at the Jags and the Titans, we could be worse. We need to be thankful to Bob and Rick Smith.

10. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Agreed. What a dumb comparison..........

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Spurs and Mavs fans aren't much different on message boards. You talk about Khloe Kardashian, but you should have seen what Spurs fans were saying (and still say) about Tim Duncan during that whole Amy/personal trainer stuff. Recent championships have mellowed out the Spurs and Mavs fans, so I can see where both fanbases look at Rockets fans as whiny. A lot are because we want a championship.

12. malakas

malakas Member

1)No it is not. You just made it up out of your head. :rolleyes: Completely out of place comparison that doesn't make any sense.
    One game is one battle. Seeding is the war. We are losing the war and our battles have been resounding losses.

2)Yes he is immature and he deserves critisism. Has Hakeem ever played so crap at consecutive games after proclaiming to the world that he's the real MVP? And instead of focusing go out to party?

3)Yes agreed. Doesnt' mean that the rest of the league doesn't adjust/copy Morreyball and when some strategy is so widely used a counter strategy is ALWAYS developed sooner or later.

4)He is not a good coach. He is a meh coach. Right now the one thing he's best at-motivating his players- he can't even do. What's the point in keeping him then?

5)Capella and Harrell look good. If you expect Thornton to shoot so well in every game then LMAO. His shot selection is bad for even Curry. He can shoot you in as well as out of a match and when he can't hit his shots he doesn't contribute anything else. Thats' why he's a vet min player.

As for the rest PLEASE..:rolleyes: Rockets fans dont' deserve to critisize after such a HISTORIC perfomance from their team? A team that had big words to say and pretend to go after a championship?
    If you want to pretend that Rocket fans are some special kind of stupid then whatever. I have met fans from two continents and Rocket fans are neither more stupid or clever than anyone else.

1 person likes this.
  13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Lol so hypocritical.

14. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

I would crush an 8th grade B team

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm sorry Mavs fans are still as horrible as ever. Let's not talk about Miami after LeBron left. College teams fans riot as after a loss, fights break out at soccer games. Calling Houston the worst just to make a point is beyond ridiculous. We just set A very bad record for a team that is supposed to be competing for a championship. And then you have people who attack other people because they are complaining about it. Calling us whiners and morons for being upset, lol. then they get upset when they are proven wrong and to make threads complaining about flame wars, Its silly. The real problem is you have people trying censor others for speaking their minds about the team. That's when the war begins.

16. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Right, but why the fk would anyone want to be like Spurs or Mavs fans? Ask yourself that question.

All Rockets fans should be much better people!

17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

A better comparison would be to the NFL season...3/82 is equivalent to about half of one NFL regular season game.

We'd have to go 0-6 to roughly equal an 0-1 start in the NFL. Nobody panics in the NFL if you lose on opening day, and nobody should be panicking about the Rockets start.

Give it at least a month to 6 weeks before we start calling for everyone's heads.

1 person likes this.
  18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We are fans period, no one is trying to be like anyone else. Don't you find it odd that the people on here complaining about foaming wars are the same people calling others stupid morons. Whenever you complain about the team or coach someone calls you a moron. That's how flame wars start. Take the McHale thread anyone who is pro McHale could simply stay out of that thread. But they don't, they go in there knowing they will see something they don't like trolling calling people morons and bumping the thread after a win as an " I told you so, type of thing". Stop attacking people who complain and there would be no flame war.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

My biggest frustration is that NBA players and writers are generally dismissive of what I think has been a fairly successful rockets team. This start in particular is not only embarrasing but gives ammunition for every annoying Rockets hater, Harden hater, McHale hater, Morey hater, etc. these are all people who ignorantly complained about Houston when they were winning but now that they are losing, they are coming out in mass to say "I told you so". Our 0-3 start is giving them a lot of fuel to burn for the rest of the season about how Houston/Harden/Morey/McHale aren't very good...

20. malakas

malakas Member

That's another irrelevant comparison. In the NFL or football (soccer for you) upsets happen because there is not a series of games in the playoffs.
    In basketball 99% of the time the better team wins.

Look :
    Now tell me that in the NFL if you miss the first game chances are you miss the playoffs too?

Comparing basketball and the NBA to other sports is futile.