1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[for the fwiw bin] Rox 1 of 5 teams with winning records against Top 10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 2, 2017.

1. basketballholic

Update:

We are now .500 against the top ten teams.

We are 18-19 against all teams that are .500 or better.

And we are 34-6 against teams with losing records.

Vivi and BigShasta like this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm guessing Maury won't be tweeting this out.

samtaylor and basketballholic like this.
  3. basketballholic

Nope. And he shouldn't. It's part of his job to spin things in the best positive manner for the team. I don't blame him for that.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Do you blame him for handing over the GM responsibilities to Jim Harden?

J Sizzle likes this.
  5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So what are the numbers for the other top teams?

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess pretty much the same as ours...aside for the Warriors and Spurs, they were 18-6 and 14-6 a month ago so...the Cavs were 13-9 but i think they should be around .500 too since they lost some big games this last month.

7. basketballholic

Nope. That's on Les. Les is skewing the power structure of the organization towards James over both Daryl and MDA.

My question about Daryl is I know he knows what this team is lacking. What is he doing to convince Les and James what needs to be done? I don't see any results there. It appears to me Daryl is now simply on for the Harden bandwagon ride and is just crossing his fingers that Harden drags the whole kitten caboodle over the finish line all by himself. It appears to me that Daryl is in placate James mode rather than convince James mode.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you consider the offers to Horford and Bazemore to be "placate James mode." I promise this isn't a trick question or a trap. I won't even respond to your answer, if you don't want me to. But I'm legitimately interested in your take, as I'm sure others are.

I'd ask about the final offer to DMo too, whether you thought James asked for that, too, but as I recall you didn't feel that was really a legitimate offer.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

All this is irrelevant for playoffs.

It just becomes a match-up thing between two teams in a series with very few options.

For Rockets its pretty simple:

Mid-High chance to get out of first round (HC)

Low to mid chance to get out of second round (Spurs)

Low to very low chance to get out of WCF (Warriors)

The one unknown for us is how this new assembled jump shooting team will respond to playoff pressure and slow-down games. If we are tight in the first round then we could go out right then.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

1-3 against Spurs and Warriors
    1-2 against Utah Jazz

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I have a paid subscription to HP's tweets.

#legitinsider

12. basketballholic

Warriors are 29-8 against teams at or above .500 and 34-6 against teams with losing records.

Spurs are 23-11 against teams at or above .500 and 36-6 against teams with losing records.

Jazz are 14-20 against teams at or above .500 and 33-10 against teams with losing records.

Clippers are 20-17 against teams at or above .500 and 27-14 against teams with losing records.

Thunder are 16-21 against teams at or above .500 and 27-12 against teams with losing records.

Grizzlies are 17-20 against teams at or above .500 and 25-15 against teams with losing records.

Blazers are 11-23 against teams at or above .500 and 27-15 against teams with losing records.

Celtics are 14-17 against teams at or above .500 and 36-10 against teams with losing records.

Cavs are 17-14against teams at or above .500 and 32-13 against teams with losing records.

Raptors are 17-16 against teams at or above .500 and 30-14 against teams with losing records.

Wizards are 16-18 against teams at or above .500 and 30-13 against teams with losing records.

Bucks are 12-15 against teams at or above .500 and 28-18 against teams with losing records.

Hawks are 14-17 against teams at or above .500 and 25-21 against teams with losing records.

* did this quickly. Not double checked. You should do your own research.

Mr. Clutch, Vivi and heypartner like this.
  13. basketballholic

James wanted the former Hawks. He was in full agreement with those two and then the two we actually signed. He didn't care whether we retained DMo or not. Made a gesture of friendship to DMo to try to entice him on a low offer. But him and Dwight both voted for Terrence over DMo in the 13-14 season.

Remember, everybody besides James is role players. Yes he wanted them as assets. Yes, he will be ok with trading them in the right deal, even Beverley.

There is no way w would've signed Anderson and Gordon without Harden's consent. Harden wanted to play with them. He wanted to play with Horford and Bazemore. None of those guys are ball handler/distributors.

heypartner likes this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thx for doing that. Do you have the records of the Top 10 against each other? I'm guessing only 3 teams are above .500 now....GSW, CLE and SAS.

on fwiw: with their last win against the Wizards, GSW just joined the Rockets and Spurs as only teams to have at least one win against all the Top 10 teams.

Vivi likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

You keep insinuating that James doesn't want to play with other ball handlers and does not approve of them. So how did he approve the Thai Lawson trade? Or are you going to shift goalposts and tell us that it was a Maury deal and James didn't have say at that time.

16. basketballholic

James wanted Ty. He partied with him and recruited him and helped convince Ty to take away a double digit guarantee. Then he puts Ty in the wing and reflects him to catch and shoot. Harden wanted Ty. He did not Ty running the top unless he was on the bench.

That trade cost us big time and is still hurting our roster. We did it for Harden.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

But last I know Ty is a ball handler. It doesn't match up with your theory that James doesn't want any other ball handers....

18. basketballholic

Did you watch the games? James stuck Ty in the corner. It was ridiculous. James does not want to share the ball until it is too late, he's got double digit turnovers and our season has ended. Then he wants help at guard. We bring in Ty. And back to the same old tricks.

We did the Lawson trade because Harden wanted him and vouched for him. That trade sucked for us. He's responsible for that.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

He stuck Ty in the corner or was Thai being a total p***y who forgot how to play basketball? It's not like he has done much better at the Pacers or the Kings after leaving the Rockets. Dude even when Harden was sitting on the bench, Thai Lawson was playing scared. He had no confidence in anything he was doing out there

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. basketballholic

Ok. Have it your way. Guess what? Harden played with the guy all summer and vouched for him. Lawson had multiple DUI charges to be adjudicated when we acquired him. There's no way we give up a first rounder for him without assurances from Harden that he's gonna ball for us. No way. I personally know Harden vouched for him.

So let's pretend it's all on Lawson. Harden wanted him. You and others way to act like Harden wasn't involved in that transaction. Not the case. He was Hardens man.