1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin Fans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NYK Fan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

This is really not related to the topic and uncalled for :(

2. Maknusia

Maknusia Member

Yeah this is really an interesting and lethal lineup.

What would be interesting is to run Harden's unit on Q1 and Lin's and Q2

As for second half, depending on the score and whats the strategy...

3. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

my wish?

Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Jones
    Asik

vice vesa whoever starts

Canaan
    Lin
    Covington
    D-Mo
    Howard

4. sunheng

sunheng New Member

jermy lin ~ working hard boy!

5. rockets_big

rockets_big Member

Fan's loyalties are unusually fractured on this rockets forum. I admit, I haven't seen anything like this (although admittedly I haven't been very active on sports forums in general).

I tend to suspect that these loyalties are race/identity based (white fans tend to support asik and dmo; black fans back harden and howard; asian fans back lin; white and black fans back beverley because he can take lin's minutes or his starting spot, etc. etc. etc.), although obviously I can't confirm such identity based loyalties (alleged of course).

If true, it would be a sad, sobering reminder that we remain enemies within a nation, or at least highly suspicious of another, whether it's the US in general or rocketnation in particular.

1 person likes this.
  6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

+1

Distributing is more difficult and more important when there are two main scorers instead of one.

7. bongman

bongman Member

I likey !!

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm not understanding why so many wants Bev to start over J-Lin. Again Lin will be the starter whether you peeps like it or not. Dude had a decent year last season, came on strong in the 2nd half of the season. I like Bev but he is a high energy guy coming off the bench.

9. Play07

Play07 Member

I understand your thoughts but not always true, I'm black 27 and I'm a big rockets fan however LIN is my favorite (active rocket) for on court and off court reasons. Clyde & Dream (non active rockets) I feel that he is a solid pg because of his passing ability, court vision, hustle, offensive quickness & bball IQ. However I was disappointed with his first playoff appearance and feels he has a lot to prove going into the playoffs this year. I played pg and can always recognize and solid one when I see one. But I understand your argument but it's not like we will ever know the race behind each comment on here but hypothetically it could be similar towards your opinion on the topic.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you believe this, and it seems you honestly do... then I can you that you are simply wrong. Not so much "kind of wrong" or "over generalizing" kind of wrong but simply flat out wrong.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Actually very few here have tried to make it a race thing. It's mostly all about the team.

12. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

keep supporting him, he was just unlucky. Nobody blames Westbrook for getting injured. And anyway the whole team sucked big time in that first playoff game. :cool: We will be ok with Lin this season

13. Sen89

Sen89 Member

16m - Lin/Harden
    20m - Bev/Harden
    6m - Bev/Lin
    6m - Lin/Williams?

Harden plays 36
    Lin plays 28
    Bev plays 26
    backup SG plays 6 (if we don't find one, up the Bev/Lin lineup)

14. Solaris

Solaris Member

I want to see AB in there too. He played really well in practice.

15. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

16. seven7seven

seven7seven Member

I would say you're right to a certain extent but it is an overly sweeping generalization. I think in Lin's case, there is something about an Asian NBA player being lauded for his playing skills, and not because he's a freakish giant like Yao, that seems to offend SOME people, like it's challenging their long-held outlook on how an Asian should be in the NBA. Some people are just resistant to perceived changes but that's a lame outlook imo.

You have to move with the times. Asian nations, China in particular, are getting more affluent and recreational activities like pro sports will become even bigger parts of the average Asian's lives. As more money and people get involved in Asian sports, you're going to see more top Asian sports stars come through, not just in basketball but all areas of sports, where previously only white and black athletes participated in. Like the ethos of OP's article, increased competition only drives the game forward.

17. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

[​IMG]

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

So someone like Chris Finch? He's a pretty good x's and o's type guy, maybe we should get him to do that

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

Good point. Totally agree. Lin played 2 guard in college and played a bit of 2 guard with the Knicks with Baron Davis at the 1.

where were these pictures taking from? What was the team doing?

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So we latinos, we're just huge Francisco Garcia fans? :grin: