1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For Patrick Beverley and Jeremy Lin Fans...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NYK Fan, Oct 4, 2013.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Both will look good running our offense....:eek:

2. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

There is no question in my mind that Lin is a better creator of shots for other players and has a quicker first step and finishes better at the rim. I also love the way Bev plays.

I agree with your point, but with inclusion of Dwight, passing ability and creativity element may become more valued.

3. gengar

gengar Member

Harden is 6"5 but I get your point. It's still a much better lineup than last year's with Delfino

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is irrelevant trolling, but the OP was good . . . except for posting the whole article.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden played PF and defended Ibaka in the playoffs.

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Which one committed suicide by cop?

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Excellent find. Thank you for posting it sir!

8. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Thank you for posting the article.

Very nice read.

If I remember correctly, prior to trading Douglas, they would put both Douglas and Lin together out on the court when Harden was taking a breather.

If I remember correctly, that worked out pretty well.

So I don't see how it would not work with Beverly and Lin. Beverly to me is a better defender than Douglas.

9. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

LOL, yes I'm a lifelong Knicks fan. But with the catastrophe of a team we have now... well, I've been wanting a second team to follow, and I just can't make myself like the Nets, even though they're a Brooklyn team (not New York team).

I am a fan of Jeremy Lin, who followed the Rockets last year, and fell in love with the Rockets ball movement fast octane offense. Adding Dwight has me convinced that the Rockets will be a major force in the West.

And it's okay, nothing personal, but I hated the Rockets for quite some time after we lost to y'all in 1994, when John Starks choked.

I still remember that game, think it was game 6 or 7, and the game got shrunk to a picture in picture on my TV screen because they decided to waste like 30 minutes following a stupid Ford White Bronco (with OJ hiding in it). Anyone remember that? LOL.

10. NYK Fan

NYK Fan Rookie

Yeah I guess I shouldn't have posted the whole article. My bad there.

And this wasn't trolling, it was a joke :)

I actually like Harden, so never got the whole Harden vs Lin debate at one point, before it became Beverly vs. Lin.

I was hoping posting this article would make people realize how stupid it is to fight over two people who are on the same team and helping each other to raise their games to a higher level.

Reminds me of Michael Jordan and Pippen, they would practice hard against each other. Pippen was good when he came into the league, but his game got elevated to a whole new level trying to guard MJ daily in the gym. We can only hope that Lin and Beverly can elevate their games against each other.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Yeah because you are such a real fan.:rolleyes:

12. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

There's nothing wrong with posting the whole article, it wasn't that long. And that dude's career will not be affected one ioda by missing out on a few page views.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Oh, the irony. LOL.

Good article, though. Love to see teamwork and sacrifice as the priority.

14. NotChandlerParsons

I thought the Lin/Bev/Harden/Parsons/Asik was probably our best lineup against OKC. It's something you can throw out there when the other teams SGs don't need a whole lot of respect. If Harden and Parsons tighten up their defense next season, it becomes a more viable lineup as well.

15. NotChandlerParsons

Also, Friedman is beasting this training camp. Great stuff from him basically every day.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Rob Pilatus, he's the one on the right, also I think he OD'd....:eek:

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There's a Rush Hour 4 coming out??!!!:eek::confused:

18. jocar

jocar Member

Lin/Bev/Harden/Parsons/Dwight

This lineup will eat your children.

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

After watching that first scrimmage nobody should be sleeping on Aaron Brooks, he still has game.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Jeremy being a sixth man. Put Lin at that 2 guard behind Harden and he will explode. Put a scoring PG like Canaan next to him and watch magic happen.

Bev
    Harden
    Parsons
    Jones
    Howard

Canaan
    Lin
    Covington
    D-Mo
    Asik

I know many of will disagree with my line-ups, but you have to admit, that is one dangerous bench.