1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For fans of The Daily Show

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Feb 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

To be honest, I have a hard time believing this thread isn't parody.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Well, much has been made about that email (well, much made by one person). But the email itself has been redacted... here's the entire email, and note the bolded part:

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

:grin:

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Consistent agenda: if you didn't see it, Wednesday TDS did 6 minutes of a scathing satire on Mr. Obama's semantic gymnastics to justify droning an American citizen comparing it to Mr. Cheney's redefinition of torture as "enhanced interrogation techniques".

I'd post the video on here but TDS autoplays.

And yes, Colbert is funnier than TDS

5. Dei

Dei Member

[rquoter]From: [redacted] [mailto:xxxxxx@thedailyshow.com]
    Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:13 PM
    To: Andrew Schiff
    Subject: RE: FW: The Daily Show

We NEVER edit out of context. Meaning we never ever show responses to a question we never asked. For starters it LOOKS BAD! But in all seriousness it’s not our prerogative to attack our interview subjects & slander them (unless they say really horrible, awful, racist things… but last I checked Peter doesn’t say such things!).

The general idea is to pretend this is a real news interview & correct our correspondent when he/she asks goofy questions. Our questions usually come from misunderstanding the other side’s arguments, for example. We want our interview subject to play the straight guy & that way they look normal & we look like the fool.

In this case Samantha Bee is our correspondent. She’ll take things she heard at these fast food strikes & report them back to Peter. Peter tells Sam why she may be mistaken, or what the strikers aren’t taking into account, etc. That’s the general idea. And we’ll go over all of this before we start up the cameras next week. (Peter & Jena can also discuss these concerns over the phone tomorrow.)

But rest assured– NOTHING will be edited out of context.
    If you guys have any other questions or concerns don’t hesitate to bring them up!

[redacted]
    The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
    604 West 52nd Street
    New York, NY 10019 [/rquoter]

Idk why you're making a deal out of the e-mail being redacted. It's common practice. That's for the sender's sake.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

segment with Nobel Peace Prize nominee Malala Yousafzai:

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:429606" width="512" height="288" frameborder="0"></iframe><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><b>The Daily Show</b> <br/>Get More: <a href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a>,<a href='http://www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></p></div></div>

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-09-23/don-t-ever-appear-on-the-daily-show

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

9. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

The article doesn't make sense with this quote.
    Ok...so then when people go on they should treat it the same. I also don't take Conan's monologue serious. I don't know anybody that only says, I'm informed, I watch the daily show.

I do however really like John Oliver's show and it ridiculousness and really well done pieces. You should check that out.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Fa sho

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oDPCmmZifE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Oliver is an ex-pat who likes to trash America, the anti-Craig Ferguson.

a funnier Piers Morgan

12. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Disagree, he doesn't trash America, just stupid, greedy or corrupt Americans.

You don't like him because most of the people you support qualify under one of those terms.