1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For everyone who thinks Ming ain't getting enough touches

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sol705, Dec 17, 2002.

1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

My apology I mixed Penny's rookie season since I remember all the touch games he & Shaq played against the Bulls.:)

Penny was unblievable at his first couple years, but Shaq was still the man for that team, though. You just don't run the offense via anyone else if you have a dominated inside force.

2. daoshi

So, how is your team doing?:) I guess he didn't give you enough minutes, or didn't call more plays for you?:D

3. daoshi

I have no problem with the offense run though proved players. But now everyone knows what Yao can, or cannot do, and they still couldn't get the ball to him. I blame Rudy more than the guards for it.

Do you remember Rudy's remark after Yao's big game again the Dallars? He said that he's going to put more plays in place to get Yao more touches inside. I took that as the whole team will work together to help Yao get good position, get him the ball, let him make the desicion there. Have we see any of that? I don't recall any in the two games I've watched.

Everyone knows that in order to make the Rockets a more successful team, Yao needs more touches. The issue is how to get him the ball in a position where he can be more effective. I just don't think the coaches have done enough there, or the guards didn't execute the coaches' plan. Whatever the case, I blame Rudy for it.

BTW, the knock I have on Francis is his defense and sometimes his desicion, those belong to another thread, though.

4. mj230

mj230 Member

i think even at this point of yao's career, the rox will benefit from him getting more than 6 or 7 shots a game instead of the guards putting up over 20 shots a game.

eddie griffin gets more shot than yao and he hasnt really proved himself either.

part of it is yao's unselfishness and his attitude towards team goals. if the rest of the team took that attitude, the rox will be a much better team.

5. Xiaoshu_Wang

Xiaoshu_Wang Member

I live in San Antonio, so didn't get many chances to watch Rox play. I watch tonight's game (vs. Indy) on ESPN. I think Rox is trying to get him the ball ... But a few things that Rox hasn't get mastered yet. (1) when Ming get fronted, the ball is not switched quick enough to the high post and then pass. (2) I think Ming/Francis needs to work on their Pick and Roll. Ming's shooting touch and Francis' quickness should make it work very well. But Francis's passing touch has not adjusted to Yao's height yet. There is one example tonight and the pass was too low for Ming to get.