1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For dudes over 30 and never married

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kyakko, Jan 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

haha, this is true. Marrying someone doesn't have to be expensive, but divorcing them almost always is. That Kardashian woman made a profit off her marriage, lol

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Marriage is grand...

Divorce is 100 grand

1 person likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

#bewell friend #smh #anxietytroopers

4. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Simple, my wife has not been born yet.

[​IMG]

5. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm truly apologetic for bumping the thread. I should have just started a new one. :(

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Gotta admit, I must hangout more often at the Hangout because stuff like this thread is priceless.

In an attempt to bring the thread back to where it belongs. I'm 35 and been married over 10 years with several children. I love my wife and I could never see myself with another woman.

I say first of all what has kept us together has been: 1) A strong commitment to Jesus Christ as a couple giving us a shared vision for the direction to our lives AND 2) She is also awesome and was my friend since HS for over 7 years before we actually got married although we did date in HS before life took us apart.

My 2 cents on the matter. I would never marry the wrong woman. If you do you will regret it. If you don't have a shared vision and set of values that does not change then eventually you will grow apart. Second, if your woman is not your friend then the marriage won't last a life time. If you can't meet those 2 things then your marriage not likely to be successful in the long run even if it lasts a few years. Oh, and kids don't fix problems, they can only make a marriage better if the marriage was strong and heading in the right direction in the first place.

In short, marriage has been absolute bliss for me and my family and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But this can only happen with the right set of circumstances, don't just get married to anyone. I literally could not see such a great marriage with anyone else. My wife and I still wonder why we waited so long to marry each other.

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Great advice, and the main reason I haven't bitten the bullet. Nearly every person I know who has been married has been divorced, and being raised by a single mother, screw that. If and when it happens for me, it'll stick.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just remember that it's the garage apartment in the back, ATW, not the mansion in front. ;-)-

1 person likes this.
  10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree.

I have been married for 22 great years but this is my 2nd (and last) marriage. I was 25 and stupid(er) when I got married my 1st time. There were 7 reasons why I married her and I wish I could remember them all but here are a couple of gems...

1) I was 25. It's time to settle down and get married.
    2) She was hot. If I'm going to settle down with 1 girl and not get bored, she better be hot.
    3) Her IQ and education was much lower than mine so therefore she would gladly follow the smarter person in the relationship.

You can stop laughing now...

Needless to say the marriage was a disaster. She was an alcoholic that could pound down a jug of wine a night. We dating mainly by going out to clubs so I didn't see this as a problem pre-marriage however I was more of a social drinker at the time and after we married, pounding down that much alcohol every night wasn't my idea of fun or how to live life. Also missed during this dating period were some mental issues. I did notice some odd behavior but just blew it off that she was young (she was 18 when we met and 19 when we married) and female (different behavior than a male). She was a later diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. She was hospitalized a couple of times during our 1.5 year marriage and ended up taking her life just days after her 21st New Years Eve birthday.

I became born-again near the end of the 1st marriage which helped me through the rough times and but created additional issues. I was very careful to be loving, caring and not judgment because I was the one that was changed. I wasn't perfect but not partaking in her lifestyle did look judgmental to her and I could not get around that.

I was so thankful that the Lord gave me another chance. I was 30 when I married the 2nd time. I found someone that had the same foundation I had at a time I wasn't really looking. We were best friends before we dated which made the transformation to dating awkward but fortunately we both wanted to progress to dating at the same time. One thing that we laugh at now is that her only reservations about marrying me was that she thought we were too much alike and opposites need to attract to balance each other out ....oh yea...we laugh out loud today because we found out over the years that we have many, many differences but 1 thing has remained the same...that foundation and that we are best friends.

3 people like this.
  11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

About to turn 33 and taking the plunge this March.

There was never any need to rush into something like marriage...party hard, date around, hook up, etc... You change so much from your college years to your mid twenties to when you have an established career. Figure out who you are, first and foremost, and then figure out the kind of partner you need to have a fulfilling life.

The worst mistake you can make is jumping the gun too early.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I just went back and read everything...that was pretty entertaining.

And I dont mind what texxx did, thought the doll was creepy in a funny way.

In any case, I live at the West Ave Gables on Kirby and Westheimer. If anyone wants to discuss marriage, Im down. :grin:

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Has BJ body been found yet?

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I am eagerly awaiting his return to this thread as well as the CSN Current Providers thread. I have nothing against him or texx, so I'm just in it for the sexual thrill.

In related news, I am pathetic.

15. Nook

Nook Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

Slow your roll there bigtexxx.... you REALLY do not want any part of Batman. If he gets angry enough, your face will be hamburger meat....

17. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Plz medicate thyself, before thou wreckity, wreck thyself.

-Honey Cube

18. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Well, I hope he is alright, since he hasn't checked into Clutchfans at all since the day of his tirade. All laughing and ribbing aside, I hope he is alright.

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

don't wanna read whole thread. can someone point out where **** gets real?
    thanks