1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] EPL / La Liga / Bundesliga 2011-12

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Meh, I hate Dortmund...

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Oh Metzelder. Ouch.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Bayern should start with a B-squad to completely rest for the match vs. Real, league is over.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

All Italian league games cancelled for this weekend after Morosini collapsed on the pitch and passed away.

RIP

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Just watched the ManCity game today, its amazing how rest to the core players has re-energized this group. Some of these guys were out with injury/suspension for about 1-3 weeks, this included- Silva, Kompany, Y.Youre, and Aguero ... and they all played like they were earlier in the season. The Premier league title race might be back on if ManU has another glitch, then ManCity will be able to win the title by beating their neighbors.

6. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

RIP Morosini

7. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

That was a pretty tough call on Ramos imo. I definitely have a bias though.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That was a tough call. His momentum carried his body forward and the ball made some contact with his arm. Definitely not intentional and in that scenario pretty hard to pull the arm away.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Man. Another heart attack on the field.

Rest in peace, Piermario Morosini. At the very least you died doing what you loved.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

I watched the City and Liverpool game at the same time. Tevez was an absolute boss yesterday. That first goal was just beastly and nice golf celebration after the hat trick, shoutout to the critics. I dislike Tevez (as I do Balo), but yesterday's performance was a "in your face" to Mancini. I wonder how long Mancini will last if they don't win the league. He arguably has the best talent outside of Barca and Real, but nothing to show for it this season.

The Pool game was meh... good thing the City game was also on. Kenny should be on his way out, I hope.

As for Morosini, I read it could be due to an enlarged heart? Isn't that what Cuttino had? Don't they regularly check the players for symptoms like this? RIP Morosini, 25 years young.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Chelsea look to be gaining momentum, hope Barca is ready for a energized Drogba and Torres.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

13. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

why do you hope king kenny is out? he's much better from what i've seen with hodgson. i love liverpool but i don't think it'd be best if he were to leave. big blame of poor form coincides with leiva out for the year. he was a rock in front of our back and was so crucial. also charlie adam/hendo/downing not being what we were hoping for. carroll is a whole different level of disappointment but at least he's got the last 2 game winners.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Neuer-Contento, Gustavo, Tymo, Rafinha-Pranjic, Schweini-Olic, Müller, Usami-Petersen as starters vs. Bremen, resting nearly all our starters.

While Madrid have to play vs. Barca tonight in a crucial match for the league title, I love it.

Think this will be crucial for Wednesday.

15. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Hoy, manana y siempre con el Barca en el corazon.

El clasico is ours. Forca Barca!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Barca killin Real right now.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ba dum tzzzz.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I want Barca to win so that Real is not on an emotional high going into the Bayern match.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What an awesome pass by Ozil.

20. DreamRoxCoogFan

Unbelievable how Ronaldo pulled the same s*** twice. Drew two yellow cards without being touched.