1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] College Football Season 2007.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Aug 26, 2007.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

With less than a week before the start of the college football season, I think a thread dedicated to the upcoming season is needed.

Only USC and LSU stand above the rest of the college landscape. My Longhorns have as good a chance as any of the other top 10 teams to make the BCS title game provided one of the aforementioned teams looses. The schedule is relatively easy with just OU, @OK lite, & @Aggie being the toughest. I think we should definetly win the Big 12.

How will your team/alma matta perform? Will UofH repeat in the Conference USA? Will the Aggies beat Tech in lubbock (not likely)? Can OU or Aggies beat a hungry Miami? How long before the haters start hating on UT-Austin? I say by week two of the TCU game.

Good natured ribbing is welcome.

I say this in closing.
    Thirteen starters coming back, 22 lettermen. Lookin' tough....

#1 percicles, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

if you do not think the longhorns will win the national championship, you are a hater.

stop hating haters.

3. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

can i get a WOO PIG SOOIE up in this b****? Go Razorbacks.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

GO TCU!

GO TAMU!

I'm out.

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

6. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Go Hawkeyes!

We have that rare schedule where we don't play Ohio St. or Michigan this year. If our new QB can wipe the funk that was Drew Tate off of our offense, could be a fun year.

7. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

The SEC should be in a league of their own. The playoffs should be the SEC champ vs the highest ranked team for the rest of college football. That is all.

GO GATORS!

8. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Representing the defending National Champions (2x)...Go Gators.

I foresee BCS problems again this year, just like in 2004.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

TCU and Hawaii will be knocking on the doors....

10. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Eat Em Up, Coogs!

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Florida State is overrated; Miami is underrated.

12. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

You heard that Douglas and Bowman are suspended indefinitely due to credit card fraud, right? Talk around town is that the University is really pissed at them and is thinking about suspending them (evidently Douglas had/has a myspace page where he more-or-less gloated about the credit card thing). The taint of Pierce also is causing the admin to lean hard-line from what I understand. If so I don't think the favorable schedule can save them. Bowman isn't a huge loss but losing Douglas will really hurt.

Next year is the year to look forward to anyway. Still no OSU or Michigan and Iowa gets Wisconsin and Penn State at home.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Notre Dame will win cause Jesus Christ said so.

Vince Young died on the Cross so Notre Dame could win the National Championship.

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Vince Young died on the cross so the Texans could pick him with the #1 overall pick. Alas, the Texans didn't and know we have to wait who knows how long for the second coming. Until then the Texans will suffer for their sins.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Notre Dame sucks.

If they get a BCS sniff with five losses, I am going to be pissed.

16. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I heard. Douglas's speed will be missed by the team. I really thought he was a bright spot in last year's dismal season. Now if we could just get the Big Ten Network here in Houston, I could watch a few games!

BTW My wife works with a woman who's nephew plays for the basketball team and Lickliter really has them fired up. Hopefully that will show up on the court. I'm a Hawkeye-homer either way. (I named my son Nile for that very reason!)

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

West Virginia is going to waltz into the national title game and get thumped by USC/OSU.

Same crap different year, more parity plz.

The heisman race will be a GOOD ONE this year though.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

looks like UCLA is in the top 25 this year again.

think it'll be one of the better football seasons of late, but that isnt saying too much

as long as we beat USC again somehow

19. surrender

surrender Member

We're going to crash the BCS and by crash the BCS I mean win the New Orleans Bowl

GO COOGS

20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

USC is stacked and has a relatively favorable schedule strength. I doubt LSU runs the SEC table. Florida and Urban Meyer should be fun to watch under Tebow.

The Horns will be interesting with all the young guys out there at O-line and in the secondary. My goal as always is to win the Big XII. Hopefully we beat OU and A&M. Oklahoma State could surprise some people if their defense shows up.