1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fool's Gold

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

It's more than realistic for Harden to put up the same numbers T-Mac did his first year here, with even a FG percentage.

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

We shipped our fools gold to OKC. If he was still here, he would do a fine job backing up DA BEARD... :)

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I guess McHale is going to ride Hardin into the ground.

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

*Harden.;)

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The problem is we don't have a decent third guard. It doesn't matter if McHale doesn't play our rooks because our rooks are mostly SF/PFs. We need guards right now and we don't have them.

I forsee one or two of our 1096272895 PF's being traded for a guard before the trade deadline.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Patterson was 6-16, had only 6 boards, 0-2 from 3, and was a whopping -29 in +/-....not to mention he refused to step out on Aldridge all night. Aldridge just shot right over him every damn time. Patterson did not play "great" tonight at all.

7. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

No.. not fool's gold.. merely polishing the gold..

In terms of experience as starters, both Harden and Lin need to be pushed to their limits early in the season, so that they will know how to manage their pace .. .. Harden also needs to know when to defer to other teammates.. for the time being the recent loss will provide a good lesson... probably McHale was actually hoping for this loss.. Even Asik is is still getting used to starter's minutes in real season... This is a big jump from last season...

All the starters and second team need minutes to get into the right gear.. no time for rooks yet... priority is the first and second team.. probably gonna take 10 games before the bench becomes solid... Preseason experience doesn't really count...
    Ppat and Morris may not be great yet, but the improvement is there.. even Tony Douglas... once he get his confidence and shooting.. Alrich is still new to the team, but getting better with whatever minutes he got.. Delfino will be delfino..

The rooks will get their minutes later whether in NBA or D-league... I will not worry.. after all guys, it is still very early in the season... It's not like we are having a lot of seasoned players here.. Playing time consideration may not be just to win, but to sharpen the starters and second team..