1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Food] Zagat does Fast Food

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 12, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I like In-N-Out burgers. I worked in San Jose for over a year and would go there pretty often. Unfortunately, Zagat loses credibility by ranking their fries 3rd best. As good as their burgers are, their fries are awful. I don't even know how to describe the taste. If you've eaten them, you know what I'm talking about.

And I apologize in advance to all Whataburger fans but I've lived in Houston for almost 7 years now and I've never been impressed with their burgers. They are dry and tough and don't taste very good. I like burgers so I'll eat a Whataburger burger every now and then but I still say the best thing about that franchise is their commercials.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hated In-N-Out fries at first, but eventually I loved them. Very different tasting when fried in vegetable oil instead of pure grease.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Yea, maybe I just got used to the garbage ingredients of other fast food fries growing up. I ate In-N-Out probably 20-30 times or so while in San Jose but I still didn't like the fries the last time I had them.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Fair enough, It might be a bit of an acquired taste when you're used to McDonalds fries... their potatoes are also more organic than the stuff at other places.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This is why the baconator is a joke. Oh wow, three and a half wilted strips of microwave bacon. I order a regular bacon cheeseburger at Whataburger and I get real bacon in EVERY bite. COME ON.

6. ILoveTheRockets

Haven't been to a state yet that doesn't have a Backyard Burger.

Not every state has a Whataburger. Some don't even have a Mickey D's.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

According to their website, they have locations in 15 states. 5 of those states only have 1 location, including Texas.

8. ILoveTheRockets

Where is the one location in Texas? Waco?

Thats where I have eaten Backyard in Texas.

9. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

What state doesn't have McDonald's?

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Says its in Dallas, but now that you mention it I think there is also one in Waco.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Well, it was worse than that; there was literally 0 bacon on the baconator.

(To be fair, our local Wendys is effing terrible. If you ask for a salad, it is a tossup: they are either out of the dressing you want, or they are out of lettuce. Last visit, it was our weekend guiltfree stop*, they were out of large drink lids. They offered us medium drinks instead! Woahboy, what a deal.)

My vote for favorite fastfood burger: Hardees (I've never had In-Out, but Whataburger has the best chicken sandwiches.)

My gf's vote: Carl's Jr (but agrees with the chicken sandwich vote at Whataburger.)

*And I even count calories on the guiltfree weekends, they are supposed to be guiltfree, but they end up being "I'll just do x at the gym and eat less of y." :'(

12. ILoveTheRockets

There is one for sure in Waco, unless it closed down.
    I think I have seen a Backyard in South Houston as well. I don't remember if it was Clear Lake City or Katy that had the Backyard Burger.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I was thinking the same about Cold Stone. I like it better than anywhere.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

No love for Arby's?
    [​IMG]

15. Landlord Landry

not suprising. I can't tell you how many times I have orderd a 5pc nugget, only to find 3 or 4 in my bag. seriously? people can't even count to 5?

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

What do you expect from the ****tiest jobs in America?

Fast Food industry is run by 16 year olds and minorities who can't speak English.

17. Landlord Landry

true. but most 16 year olds and non-english speaking minorities I know can still count to five, sans 3-4 idiots that work at the wendy's on woodlands parkway dr.

1 person likes this.
  18. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

wendys uses real bacon. i worked there is high school and we would cook up abunch of bacon in the beginning of the day on the burger grills.

19. AGBee

AGBee Member

I would say Chik-Fil-A has better service than any of the fast food places they listed.

20. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Agreed. Those employees act like they're on camera, with a quality control pitboss monitoring them.