1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Food poisoning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tochiee22, Jun 22, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hate lettuce, can gulp down tons of avocados.......before lettuce.

2. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I was in my 20's. I worked at a dental supply store behind the counter. Dentists or their staff would come in an buy stuff from us. I went to lunch and ate at a chicken joint. I'm driving back.... started feeling the way you described, Had to puke. I pull next to the dumpster in our parking lot and let go inside the dumpster.

I'm wiping my face as I notice someone staring at me as if I'm the neighborhood whino. I walk through the warehouse to go punch in. I hear my boss asking if I was in the building. I walk over to him and he asks if I can go wait on the customer at the front counter. Well.....that customer turned out to be the guy staring at me in the parking lot. That seemed awkward until it got even worse and I had to excuse myself to go to the restroom where I **** like a pet raccoon for 10 minutes. Luckily someone else took care of the customer for me. Saw the guy a couple of month's later. He laughed and said he figured I was dead based on the last time he saw me.

tochiee22 likes this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

I got it another time back then when I ate a taco from a taco stand in TJ, I guess I asked for that one.... I know they sell stool softener but I coulda used a case of fart hardener as I was in Shartsville for several hours.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not making this up.

I went to visit my in-laws in upstate NY. Drank water from their tap, which is sourced from the nearby lake. Didn't think anything of it.

On the drive home I got struck by the most screamingly bad Hersey squirts I have ever had.

Like, gallons upon gallons of water and whole corn kernels (unfortunately we had corn on the cob for dinner the previous night, also sourced from a neighboring farm) flying out of my ass for hours.

When did this horrible episode of Traveler's Diarrhea hit me? None other than Shartlesville, PA.

5. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

RSA001.JPG
    After a visit to Shartlesville you need MAGA Making ******* great again......

B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Lmao.. super awkward... glad it hit me during the weekend instead of during work like you... great story hahaha

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Get a script of Ondansetron. It's a tablet that dissolves in your mouth, and while it's usually for cancer patients, the stuff works miracles. I take it every morning before I get up to offset nausea.

For food poisoning or flu-like symptoms, it stops everything. I mean everything. No vomiting and southside horrors.

Feel better.

Health is all we've got.

don grahamleone and tochiee22 like this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

In my younger days, I was once a contestant on Dance-a-Tron, but it didn't go well.

Pistol Pete and Codman like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That drug treats nausea not diarrhea caused by food poisoning.

A good folk remedy for the runs is Kratom -- one teaspoon along with a teaspoon of metamucil in about 20 oz of water. Kratom has been used for millennia as an anti-diarrhea treatment in Asia.

Codman likes this.
  10. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

What the heck man. Zofran oral disolving tablets (ODT) are $23 per pill for the 4mg tab without insurance. What are you doing that you need to take cancer drugs?

11. biff17

biff17 Member

This will not go over well.

He has cancer.

Nook likes this.
  12. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Well this got awkward.... o_O

Shout out to codman for being a stronger man than all of us combined!

13. Nook

Nook Member

Bro... this thread isn’t about you.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Amazing.

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Imodium is otc, cheap as f**k and works amazingly well. It is a super strong opioid that isn't absorbed by the intestines and doesn't cross the blood/brain barrier so it only activates opiate receptors in the gut. It was originally a Schedule II drug, like morphine, until the FDA figured out that despite great creativity people couldn't get high on it.

It will stop you up like a heroin junkie after a two week binge. You'll appreciate first hand how a toilet and a bunch of vicodin could kill Elvis.

Most important is to consume fluids with electrolytes as much as you can stomach if it is severe. People used to die all the time a hundred years ago by contracting cholera and s**ting themselves to death. Still happens in the third world. What a terrible way to die - death by explosive diarrhea.

Thank God for antibiotics.

arkoe likes this.
  16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I can't say I've ever had true food poisoning (assuming it comes from both the mouth and butt). In fact, I don't recall ever having an illness that made me vomit other than from a hangover back in the day. I've heard some good stories, though. A particular story a friend told me once was he was on the toilet letting it fly and projectile vomiting into the tub at the same time. Yikes!

#56 Surfguy, Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  17. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Oooo.... stepped in it. My bad.

biff17 likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Don't eat at subway. Those places are dirty... consider an ER visit if you feel weak.

19. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I had the exact symptoms of food poisoning last year after I ate something. I especially remembered how much it hurt to even puke. Fortunately, they don't last too long. I think I was over it in 3 days. Wish I'd remembered what it was that I ate!