1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flynn or Lin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Dec 21, 2011.

?

Who should we keep?

1. Flynn

156 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Lin

312 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I really like Lin where he is now. He has a connectedness to the floor that gives him the ability to change direction very well. He gets good penetration and finishes well. We know he has the capacity and wherewithal to improve.

I think Flynn will improve his outside shot over time. He gets penetration but does not finish well. I think he will always struggle in this area.

It is a shame we have to choose. Maybe there is a way to keep both if that is an option.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then we have to part with Dragic. No way we can afford to have 4 PGs on the roster

3. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

From what I remember Lin had issues running the point and setting up the offense efficiently. Outside shot was suspect. His handles were suspect too vs full court pressure. All aspects I think he supposely worked on in Reno and the summer.

He's basically a combo guard that can play a little PG. Defense was pretty good. Maybe the summer helped and he's a better PG but can't really tell from that one preseason game.

4. Roxs-Redemption

If Lin stays I dont want to see him become Sun Yue.. it be very disappointing :(

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

These are good points but only at the very beginning of last season. Lin has already worked on his game in all of these areas throughout last season, which is why Reno and the summer worked out well for him. Setting up the offense and running the point was more an issue of Coach Smart not wanting him to handle the ball and preferring to hand the ball to Ellis, as Smart repeatedly screamed to slow the ball down and not run (Lin made the arguable mistake of listening to his coach).

Lin can play both guard positions, but he is a natural PG with SG skills and size.

6. Rivers

Rivers Member

7. cod

cod Member

Clutchfans was saved today :grin: