1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather tested positive 3 times for PEDs?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow. Shocking PED cover up going on with Mayweather and Golden Boy. Very interesting article by respected journalist Thomas Hauser. It's a long read but very worthwhile and recommended of you're a fan of the sport. But I'll try to highlight the interesting parts for yall.

Basically, Golden Boy Promotions along with USADA, have been covering up positive test results for their fighters who've failed test. Most recently, Erik Morales. That's boxing for you :eek:

The PED Mess, Part One http://www.maxboxing.com/news/sub-lead/the-ped-mess-part-one

The PED Mess, Part Two http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/the-ped-mess-part-two

And that's barely 1/4th of the article. It's bigger than just Mayweather but Golden Boy Promotions as a whole and boxing itself. Let's see fans try to put a spin on this...

2. 757

757 Member

I don't really follow boxing much at all, but wasn't Mayweather the one asking for drug tests for a Pacman fight? I could be wrong but that's just what I remember.

In any case, it's not surprising. Not surprising that Mayweather would take PEDs, or that it would be covered up. That being said, I just want to see these 2 fight, I don't really care.

3. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yes, not only did Floyd request random drug testing done specifically by USADA but him and his team have been alluding, damn near accusing Manny of using PEDs the entire time (which the public ran with). While no proof was ever given nonetheless. Funny because him and Golden Boy have been on this crusade of cleaning up the sport. And after all that, this comes out. Hilarious.

4. Prince

Prince Member

Goodbye boxing.

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Maxboxing is a Top Rank and Espinoza site. It's on it's last legs.

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol and here comes the spin!

Ok so Mayweather and his team, with no proof, says Manny is on steroids and everyone believes him.

An article comes out, by a respected journalist, which shows the dark, inner workings of Golden Boy and how they handle their drug test procedures, and of course people look the other way. Riiiiight

Replace Mayweather and Golden Boy with Pacquiao and Top Rank and you get a different response. Flomos would RAGE!! But since it's their boy, it's okay. :rolleyes:

7. King1

Gotten to. Do your research on what maxboxing is now and come back to me. This is coming from someone who used to always posts there

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I read a lot of articles from maxboxing. Including a few that called out Top Rank fighter Chavez Jr and the mafia like leniency he gets on drug test in Texas. But that can't be, hes with Top Rank...

And I'm assuming you are talking about Stephen Espinoza of Showtime sports? The same Showtime that has held more Golden Boy Cards than Top Rank since he took over. Hell I'm not even sure Top Rank has had many cards on Showtime since he took charge. In fact, the past few competing cards that happened the same nights have been Top Rank/HBO vs Golden Boy/Showtime.

Are we talking about the same Espinoza of Showtime that has a deal with Al Haymon and his fighters? Al Haymon, advisor to Floyd Mayweather and many other fighters who fought on HBO but now fight on Showtime.

That Espinoza? Because I know you're not talking about the Espinoza boxing promotios...they hold no weight in boxing

9. VanityHalfBlack

If this was a thread about Pacman being tested positive/ it be up 20 pages already...

10. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

thomas hauser is arguably the best boxing writer in the business.

his career is over if this is some fake ass unsubstantiated rumor.

that being said, ive been highly suspicious of floyd.

even more suspicious is when gabriel montoya straight out asked floyd about testosterone replacement therapy.

floyd's reaction to the question was frighteningly suspicious. Its as if he was oj and the cops just caught him red handed standing over nicole brown simspons body.

it wouldnt surprise me. he was so loud about his main rival doing roids without a single shred of evidence,when in reality it was him using all along. classic psych case. Scream the loudest when you are actually doing the one doing the deed.

floyd's silence is deafening.

11. King1

What gym do Steve Kim and Montoya work out at? What site does hauser write for? Whoo pays for banners on Maxboxing?

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Who pays your checks?

13. King1

Are you serious? They carry a lot of weight in California which probably has the best live gates for local cards. Had Izzy, have Abner now.

14. King1

Who cares?

Just go over to Maxboxing and watch Montoya get wrecked by the 8 posters they still have left. I won't **** on Steve because he's a good guy and he's doing what he has to to make a living as boxing journalists get paid **** but I have no issue laughing at Gabe. This is the same dude who challenged a 21 year old kid to a fight over an internet arguement like a month or so ago. He also slapped him inside a bar. The kid is like 130 pounds soaking wet. There's a reason why nobody posts there anymore and E (who is a great guy, works for everlast and designs a ton of top fighters trunks) left that site for boxingscene. Gabe took a shot at him too, lol.