1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Talks about Potential Fight with Manny Pacquaio

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ParaSolid, Nov 16, 2009.

1. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I don't recall saying he didn't have a chance against DLH. But hell anyone has a chance against a weight drained DLH. I didn't think he would destroy Hatton or dominate Cotto. I never said he would not win.

I don't take anything away from Pac, he is a great boxer. Regardless of the excuses about weight drained DLH, bad decision making by Hatton or a broken and badly trained Cotto, they are all professional fighters. Pac did his thing.

Those 3 fighters put together aren't as good as Mayweather is right now. Pac has NO CHANCE. This is the only fighter he has no chance against. He can do his thing against anyone else, but not Floyd and you know that.

2. sew

sew Member

He probably is the favourite... Doesn't change the fact that he dodges fights.

3. bladeage

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrygTVJ-dNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrygTVJ-dNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. AB423

AB423 Member

If Cotto would've beaten Pac, would you still say that he was badly trained?

5. bladeage

Yep, I don't know why his trainer didn't tell him to stick to the plan he was executing in the first round. Cotto felt like he had it in the bag after the first round and decided he could exchange with Pac.
    His trainer should have told him to play it safe.

That is the problem with an inexperienced trainer. I'm not making an excuse for Cotto I'm just saying. Pac dominated him plain and simple.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

What fights has he ducked? Shane shined him so Floyd took his stance. The only fighter Floyd isn't interested in fighting is Paul Williams.

7. bladeage

But then again, nobody is interested in fighting PWill.

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

"Dominated" in terms of points. Pacquiao is dominating in terms of blood.

Pacquiao being the number 1 P4P boxer today is good enough to earn him a 50/50 split in prize money.

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

For the record, Manny didn't say he wants to fight Marquez, Barrera, Dela Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. He just wants to fight the best to be the best so he always says it's his manager's job to look for fight.

10. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Hahaha! I agree! Floyd just danced away with that win! This is a new & improve Manny, who has matured greatly before our eyes! Pac haters can say all they want!

11. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Total domination:

[​IMG]

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^^ LOL @ Oscar... the only one sitting... :grin:
    mazyar @ 1:36? :confused:

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This isn't the UFC. This is boxing.

14. SwoLy-D

This isn't get some punches in, gain a few points in the first few rounds and then run around the rest of the match. This is boxing. :p

15. MadMax

Swoly, give me a break. Seriously. The guy is 40-0 with 25 KO's. You act like he's chump change.

Manny is a great great fighter. And I'd love to see him fight Money. But this criticism here over and over again for Floyd's style is beyond absurd. The man wins boxing matches at a 40-0 clip...and he's sent 25 to the mat for good.

16. SwoLy-D

No, sir, I will not give you a break. This guy runs around in ALL his fights... I have never seen him go "toe-to-toe" with anyone. Smart. Gets wins? Yes. Makes points? Yes. But... I guess I am coming from the Mexican camp that says that to be a great fighter, you're supposed to stand there and duke it out with the best of them without running around the ring... I guess that's my opinion. Your record at 100-0 doesn't tell me anything if all I see is you running around and not knocking down someone fair and square standing right on their face. I guess he DOESN'T LET people knock him out... and I am jealous he's that good... :(

17. HombreDeHierro

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHmCYlIsX5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YHmCYlIsX5E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. MadMax

25 knockouts, swoly.

great fighters play to their strength...he's fast as hell. of course he's going to move.

"sugar ray, stand still...i want to hit you."

19. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

..and definitely this isn't like dancing with the stars. :grin:

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This reminds me of when nobody could catch Roy Jones Jr. and he was killing people. He caught hell from some boxing fans and the media for not standing there and letting the other guy hit him :rolleyes:

People do understand the point of boxing is to hit the other guy without getting hit, right?

That's like hating on the Rockets for not letting other teams score just so the game stays close.