1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Talks about Potential Fight with Manny Pacquaio

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ParaSolid, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Prince

Prince Member

way too cool. :rolleyes:

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Have you ever met him or are you just judging by the act he puts on in the media? Once the cameras are off and the media is gone Floyd is a super cool dude.

3. Mak Attack

Mak Attack Member

I didn't like Floyd until I realized it was all an act. That's all it is folks.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I can't think of who Pacquaio looks like. Maybe it's the Taco Bell dog.

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

He means its a no-win situation for him in terms of how the media and fans will make excuses.

He wins..well he is the bigger, better, faster guy, so he is supposed to.
    If he loses, then he was never as good as he thought he was because he got beat by the smaller guy.

So you can't blame him for fighting just for money.

People hate on Floyd so much because of his attitude and personality and because of that, they don't give him credit for being a great fighter. They just focus on the fact that he is cocky so they hate on him because of that. True boxing fans appreciate his skill ...fake boxing fans or POF (Pac only fans) just ride Pacs dick. Pac is great... so people shouldn't make any excuses when he loses against Floyd.

But I can guarantee you it will happen. Excuses coming out of the woodwork. Those excuses will make Pac look like less of a fighter. It won't help him at all.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dei

Dei Member

I'd rep you if I could.

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

People hate Floyd because he's picky too on who to fight. Pretty much the undefeated Chavez Jr. Look at his opponent before the main event ( pac-cotto), he was like a punching bag. They're joke boxers.

8. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Winner.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Did you just compare Floyd to JCC Jr and then refer to him as a joke boxer? Wow.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I don't think so at all. Beating Pacman will silence all his critics. He'd be doing what people say he doesn't do. Didn't duck the current P4P king and then actually beating the P4P king. As for excuses, hell, every boxing fight, somebody makes an excuse. Let's use Pacman. DLH was too old, Hatton was not good enough, Cotto should have used a more experienced trainer, and the list goes on. Floyd isn't alone on this boat. Also, just because people hate Floyd, doesn't mean they don't give him credit for being a great fighter. You can still hate somebody and appreciate their skills. You don't have to slurp up the man. Look at guys like Kobe or TO. Kobe has haters like Floyd but the majority of them give him credit for being a hell of a ball player.

And tell me why we can't blame Floyd for fighting just for the money? Especially when he says he fights for paychecks, calls himself $$$ and supposedly only fights guys with a draw. That is pretty much his M.O.

For the record, you didn't think Pac had a chance against DLH (excuses came AFTER the beat down), said Pac wouldn't beat Hatton and even went on to write about how fans are crazy if they think Pac would destroy Hatton, which happened. Of course, you didn't think Pac would dominate Cotto, let alone walk through his punches. So you're track record for predicting Pacman fights is not exactly good. Fans like you are the reason I'm a Manny Pacquaio fan. Time after time yall say he can't do it but he goes out there, does what yall least expect and shuts everybody up.......until his next fight. Which again, people say he has no chance. Then like clockwork, he does the exact opposite of what you think will happen. Its a beautiful thing. You're so sure than $$$ will beat Manny. Then again, you were so sure that Pac would lose his past three fights.

11. VanityHalfBlack

I hope it's gonna be held at cowboy stadium... I can actually attend , not that far of a drive...

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is funny in a thread where Manny is being touted as Ali.

13. Precision340

Precision340 Member

yeah he makes a comment like that and then contradicts it with the money comment at the end of the article... it'll be a good fight to watch no doubt

14. Asian Sensation

Well put.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

While I'm sure some hate Floyd because of that, I've already stated that I don't and many here have also stated that. The fact is that he ducks hard fights and has turned down more money to face easier fights. He also constantly contends that he is the greatest because of his undefeated record, but based on accomplishments and diving further into his fight record, undefeated doesn't hold water when accompanied by the constant ducking.

Sure some will be dismissive if the fight happens and Floyd dominates. I'm also sure that most spectators want Pac to win. That doesn't mean Floyed is in a no win situation. He'll get paid more than any other fight. He also will have a much more legit argument for being the best P4P fighter. It's also interesting to see that you've been a Pac hater and dismissive of him throughout this last year, if what Angor Wat says is true.

16. Prince

Prince Member

Ali has 5 losses but he's still the greatest.

He talks a lot even worse than Floyd but most people still likes him and he's still the greatest because he fought and beat the best.

And don't tell me that his arrogance is just for show because it is seen in his blood. He's no different than his Uncle Mayweather and Floyd Sr.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I have no idea who the true Floyd is and it wouldn't bother me either way when it comes to his attitude.

The first part of your post I agree with 100%. Ali is considered the greatest by so many, and he was the biggest talker with a huge ego, and he was 5 losses, but that doesn't matter.

Whether because it's money, being afraid of losing, or some twisted logic, Floyd is completely over valuing undefeated and similarly overrating the effects of a loss. He kept saying Pac has been knocked out before so he's not the best. The thing is, on Floyd sees it that way. People don't care about a few losses before his trainer and before he became what everyone knows as Pac Man.

Honestly, if Floyd had 2 losses and faced 4 tough matchups over the last 4 years, it's arguable that he would have made more money and been more respected by boxing critics. Attitude is a peripheral issue that only some care about to a huge extent.

18. Prince

Prince Member

i see double standards here.

19. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

"Its not like hes dodging fights like mayweather..." matt jackson earlier today regarding OU head coach wanting to stay in Oklahoma instead of moving on to Notre Dame.

All you mayweather supporters can you answer me this question, if jordan was in boxing would money hold him back from possibly being considered the greatest ever???

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Mayweather just dominated the #3 pound for pound boxer who in many people's opinion beat Pacquaio twice. Why wouldn't Mayweather be a heavy favorite to win this one ?