1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flowmaster Installation Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jul 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I just bought a brand new 2012 Ford Mustang and was thinking of having some flowmasters installed on it. Let me start off by saying that I know very little about working on a car so I'm not at all interested in doing any installation myself. My question is if any performance car guys here know the best place or recommend somewhere to have the installation done. Googlin' for it only comes up with Midas or Meineke and both of their customer reviews on the topic are horrendous.

Any recommendations?

Oh, and here is a picture of the new ride:

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the help, guys!

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Damn, I haven't even heard of Flowmaster since High School when I used these on my Saleen. Seriously though, any auto mechanic shop or muffler shop can do this in about 30 minutes. They just put it on a lift, take off your OEM exhaust and put the new one on. It's a very simple task. Just make sure the fitment is to your liking before paying/leaving.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Okay, I wasn't sure if everywhere carried them or not. Thanks! I'll do some phone shopping.

4. ranlights78

ranlights78 Contributing Member

Don't just do the mufflers!!

I have an 08 GT and it sounded like sheet!!!

I have since replaced them with the Flowmaster cat-back. I aslo had the H-Pipe, headers and cam replaced.

The guy I used is in Pearland. He does awesome work and he owns his shop. His name is Cliff and the shop is, C.U.N.D.N. Racing.

I wasted a lot of time and money before meeting Cliff. I'd hate to see someone else make the same mistake.

5. Saado

Saado Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nnzw_i4YmKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. jman255

jman255 Member

Check out MagnaFlow if you aren't fully set. I really liked the sound those produced over Flow Masters.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I'll check that out. I'd like to go Borla, but good GAWD are they expensive...

8. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

The Bassani I linked is 550 but is all stainless compared to the aluminized steel flowmaster axle back that sells for 419.

9. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

The problem was your 2008 had the 4.6L V8 while the 2012 has the 5.0 V8. Flows never sounded good on those 4.6's from 1996 to....what....2011?

Flows on the old school 5.0's were beastly. Don't know why it'd be any different with today's 5.0's.

10. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

11. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

The Borla ATAK is only about $100 more. Good thing I'm not ready to make a decision any time soon...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TyJCVQuyWVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nice ride. Nothing to contribute on the flowmaster install. I too don't know much about it, although I'm wanting an install on my truck.