1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Florida Today] Houston, they've got a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowaming, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

OMG i love this writer. He is SOOOO TRUE!! Everything that i said about Tmac and everything that i wanted to say about his lazy azz, he nailed it. And he said this way back when he was with the Orlando Magic. WOW!!!

It's true that Tmac may have the talent but he lack the competitive nature..the desire to take over the game and win it all by himself. He lacks that!! He seems to afraid of contact and like taking jump shot after jump shot...or pass to teammates. He doesn't play defense. The reason the Rockets are great at D is because of Shane and Yao inside presence...so Tmac is just in for the ride.

That's why i say Morey is moron when he had a chance to trade Tmac for Kobe when the Lakers' GM said he's listening. Morey went on Houston Chronicle and declared that Tmac is fit for the Rockets which defeat any possibility of trade suggestions. Later, Lakers got Gasol and that pretty stop all discussion.

2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Lets see.. so this guy is angry Tmac left. He mentions all the things that any general basketball player can fail to do and 4-5 years later, he pretends like he warned us. Hell, give a pen and paper to a 10 year old Magics fan back then and tell him to write about the bad parts about Tmac and he could have bull****ted the thing the guy just wrote.

And a very creative title I might add

3. Lancej281

Lancej281 Member

You obviously have the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader(sorry, 3rd graders). The guy is not angry T-Mac left. He actually suggested T-Mac be traded when he was in Orlando. Let me break that down for you. Columnist wanted T-Mac traded. T-Mac Traded. Columnist happy. Not angry.

Have you been paying attention? He didn't name general things. He named things very specific to what T-Mac is(isn't) doing. He acted up in Orlando and he's doing it again in Houston.

Oh, for the guy that only mentioned 610 radio guys; of course you only listen to them, they're biased like you and only want to talk about the good things. Yall live in a fairy tale world where only good things happen and anyone talking about the bad things is just an ugly mean person!

4. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

i think he got the point,we are not supposed to criticize T-LAZY on this way or that cause he is the player of that style ,all we have to think about is how to use him or trade him for a talent player

5. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

sure t-mac has been frustrating this year, but we've had legitimate chances to win every year we've had a healthy t-mac.

tmac-jho-lue-gaines for francis-cat-kelvin? if we had to do it over again, you still do that trade every day of the week and twice on sundays.

this is like if mario williams gets hurt next year, and reggie bush plays the whole season, and then we have some idiot picayune writer/saintsreport poster start spouting off i-told-you-so's that mario is a bust, reggie is the GOAT, conveniently ignoring the intervening years because it makes their preconceived opinion look asinine. weak.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The guy has great talent and shows heart and determination sometimes. The key word is "sometimes". With Tmac, you never know what you are going to get. He's not the type of guy to try his hardest all the time which is why he is frustrating. Teammates and fans like consistency. They want to see someone like Dream who put up 20+ points 10 rebounds and go for every block every game regardless of the circumstances.The want to see someone who plays for the sake of the game. Tmac is not that. He is a crap shoot. Sometimes he tries and sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he attacks the rim and sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he plays defense and sometimes he just stands around. Sometime he plays through the pain and sometimes he sulks on the bench. Sometimes we hate him and sometimes we love him.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

The truth hurts.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Unfortunatly, a leopard does not change his spots.

The quitting, calling out teamates, not practicing, and being lazy are all the same things that are going on in Houston.

I am GLAD the organization finally took a stand.....

Watch the apologists try to attack the source, and not be able to talk about the content.....some are just blinded by Tracy's talent...that they can't see the truth of the man.

DD

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

talk about revisionist history, tmac forced his way out of orlando. and its debatable if they got the best deal or not

10. DaDakota

I don't think they had a choice, and Houston got the best deal. They knew what they were getting, but I assume they hoped Tmac would come into his own as a man and a leader.

Instead, he never grew up and kept being the talented kid screaming at his teamates that no one wants to play with.......

He has one last chance....put up or shut up.....one more in Houston.....I would not be shocked if he is gone over the summer....barring a deep playoff run....

DD

11. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

This is all BS - there's no truth to any of this - the locker room's great - Tmac and Yao are best friends - Tmac's really hurt - this is all BS - Tmac practices and never does these things.

None of this is true - it's all BS - I'm calling BS- it's all untrue - TMac carries us - he's the best in the league - he'll be back at full strength. Tmac wouldn't do this.... :rolleyes:

12. apxn82

apxn82 Member

I take it you're being sarcastic. If not hook me up with whatever that you're smoking. I really need some on a shietty Thursday morning.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The title of the article is REALLY fresh...

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I agree. Lance is the biggest over reactor in sports radio. All he does is cry about the Houston teams and once they start winning he is back on their jock again. My friends that listen to him in Houston are all brainwashed by him. I hear all these "rumors" all the time from the gossip on this show and he is the one spurring them all and discussing them for hours making them seem legit when there is no cred to the rumors at all. I could not stand him during the Astros season talk about how bad they were and all this stuff when I knew that in a couple of weeks he will be eating crow just like he does every year. Everyone in Houston seems to sulk in "Lance's" misery or whatever Houston radio personality they so choose. Tmac does this every year where there is some sort of drama but by the end of the season people forget what they were down on Tmac for. Let's wait till around the all star break before we write Tmac off like we have so many times in the past.

15. DaDakota

ROFLMAO - sarcasm meter is going off like gangbusters.

The only problem is he makes too much money and would be hard to trade unless you are just trying to get out of his contract early...ala Knicks.

DD

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Lance told me that Kerasotis is probably going to be on 1560 this morning.

17. DaDakota

You on today Clutch?

DD

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I have a conflict this morning so I'm going to be on tomorrow at 8:30am (and 12:15am with DN). Thanks for checking :)

19. boby

boby Member

I want some of whatever you or "Laker's GM" are smoking! :)

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Unless you're doing a huge mea culpa, there isn't a Rocket fan in the world that should be championing this guy's article (unless you were disappointed when they made the trade -- which most of us weren't).

We picked up the "lazy" scoring champ for guys who have had very little impact in this league since they left. Give me a break.