1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Florida Night Club Shooting - at least 20 dead - impact on US elections?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 12, 2016.

?

Will this shooting help Trump or Clinton, if it turns out that it was religiously motivated terror?

1. It will help Trump

51.0%
  2. It will help Clinton

7.3%
  3. It will help neither of them

41.7%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I refuse to call an adult "Bibi"

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

President Obama better getting working on that total control pretty quickly then... :rolleyes:

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's the custom to refer to people by their first names and nicknames in Israel. Students call their teachers by first name, even. As for Netanyahu, he spent considerable effort building his brand to be the politician you want to have a beer with. He worked hard to be "Bibi."

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would consider "Ben" but not "Bibi"

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

6. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's ok, Bobby, you aren't the only American a bit confused by Israeli politics.
    [​IMG]

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would have a beer with that guy. Seems to be an intelligent man and strong leader. He also worked for the same company I worked for in the past. Maybe we could have a beer with John Legend and Mitt Romney, who also worked there ;).

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Obama will have a mighty short stint enjoying all that power he spent so much hard time building up.

I'm thinking to rationally here. My bad trader Jorge. Yes, Obama is close to his goal as supreme leader of the United States.

9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    The goal is not for Obama personally to amass this control over the populace, it is for the government, led by liberals, to amass the power. The fact that you and the other poster did not recognize this suggests that you are several steps behind in understanding what is going on. Further teaching on the subject matter is obviously required. Not to worry! I will put you in my papoose of knowledge and teach you. It will take time, so be patient, trust the process, and commit yourself to learning.

Your naive retort did, unintentionally, raise a much deeper issue. Hear me now as I pose a very critical question: Is the deep division within our two party political system created because BOTH sides are right? Should beta males, young females with no families, youth with little responsibilities or life experience, the unskilled laborers, and the impoverished be best governed by a large government with high levels of regulation, high levels of taxation to provide for their needs, and strict controls over their life? Are these people incapable of creating a civilized society on their own, and so therefore government must intervene to prevent them from descending into chaos?

And should the hard-working, bread winning responsible class be best governed by a hands-off, small government, low level of regulation and social services style approach because that's what best fits their people?

If true, a couple of comments:
    1) What a scathing indictment of the ability for Democratic voting people to create a civilized society on their own, and what an insulting level of respect attributed to those people by Democratic politicians. Basically Democratic politicians are saying that these people are incapable of providing for themselves and living in a society with law and order. Sadly, this sounds about right for most inner cities in America.

2) If you look at the peaceful, rural towns and communities that dot America, they are functioning quite well with very little intervention from government (Fed/State/Local). When you have independent, responsible, self-sufficient people, this is the result.

The solution?
    States' rights. Certain people need to be governed in certain ways. The more you can customize it to the needs of the people, the better. A one-size-fits-all approach just doesn't work for most issues.

GOOD DAY

10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

^^
    That post above is so good, I may need to re-classify it as a [SIZZLE REEL] post. That's a beautiful post!

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

^^ I wish I was in the land of cotton,
    Old times there are not forgotten;
    Look away! Look away! Look away, Dixie's Land!
    In Dixie's Land where I was born in,
    Early on one frosty morning,
    Look away! Look away! Look away, Dixie's Land!

12. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

It's a pretty good post. It's too bad the two sides can't find their own places and we have to share our apartments.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

administration censors all references to Islam from Mateen police transcripts

http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id4618

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ISIS -&gt; ISIL -&gt; Daesh-&gt; Omitted</p>&mdash; Charles C. W. Cooke (@charlescwcooke) <a href="https://twitter.com/charlescwcooke/status/744935644472950784">June 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#853 Commodore, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Wtf? Are these people serious? They're just giving more fuel for Trump to burn.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Trump is done. His numbers are bad. Not enough racists in this country to make it up.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

So it's racist to include mentions of ISIS in the 911 transcript? Go back on your mess.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to the part where you said this would help trump. Since the shooting trump polling has fallen. More people care about his racism and misogyny as compared to this incident.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Actually it's the same as not mentioning a manifesto. The killer wants his voice to be heard.

20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is a ridiculous argument. His picture and personal life, history and possible sexual activity has been posted all over the news. This is redacting a specific part.