1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ThaShark316_28

The reason I dont really say much when it comes to flopping when other teams do it is because we do it as much as the teams we complain about.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Not sure how you could get sick of someone with a legitimate complaint and wants to fix a travesty in the game today. I applaud him

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Don't forget Martin, he is one of if not the biggest offensive flopper in the NBA.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I completely forgot the offensive end, I was really just pointing out defense. But YES, add Martin to the list

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

There is a difference between flopping and drawing cheap fouls. Tricking your opponent into fouling you is different than initiating contact with your opponent and then flailing backwards like you got hit by a sniper.

Martin doesn't do much of the latter. Does a heck a lot of the former. Dirk is a good example of the latter.

6. rju1986

rju1986 Member

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Who are they..??

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Because he does it way too much and in a whiny way. We get it, it needs to be fixed.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It will never be fixed if he keeps his mouth shut. Constantly bringing it up brings attention to the matter

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Bullard annoying Rocket's viewers does nothing to fix the matter. We know already.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, he does it too much, and from his own comments it's obvious that he's been told he does it too much. I don't mind a comment criticizing flopping from time to time, but Bull did it to death for a while, just as he overdid the "Hey Bud! Let's party!!" thing. I like the guy, but he's still learning the business, apparently.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

On announcer comments, its seems to be a consider your sources thing.

In a politically correct society, Bullard gets away with saying a lot of stuff that Drexler and Bill would get roasted for.

Imagine if Clyde Drexler emphatically said if players did that flopping stuff on the playground that they would get rightfully HIT and attached back! Itd be "Clubbing Baby Seals" part 2. Bullard is so cheesy and rambly in his approach that you just shrug it off.

Thats not to say that Bullard is offensive and there's a double standard. Bullard is actually right. Its just to show how annoying Bullard can be at times

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I couldn't disagree more. I think Bull has actually been better than Bill lately (Clyde has clearly taken a toll on him).

Bull is a great announcer

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

when he's not whining about the refs and flopping I like Bullard.

15. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Flópping is the Europeanisation of basketball as we know it.

16. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

Exactly. There are three degrees of reaction when a person comes into contact with you:

1. Brace yourself against them so you don't fall
    2. Give yourself up to gravity and allow yourself to fall
    3. Actually exert some effort towards flopping.

Number 2 is necessary in the NBA to get a call (and avoid being called for foul yourself, frankly), completely acceptable and smarter than #1, although I don't mind #1 much.

Number 3 is unacceptable.

17. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

When do you see Martin flopping. Honestly doesn't stick out to me at all. He usually gets his defender in the air and then jumps up against them to initiate contact and get the foul.

Not sure how that could be defined as flopping when he's moving towards his defender...?

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I have to say that I'm not particularly fond of the way Kevin Martin plays basketball.

That is all.

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The idea that the refs can realistically reduce flopping without instant replay is not realisitic. If the ref is giving a flopper the call on the flop as a legitimate foul, then obviously from their perspective it wasn't a flop... So what would change from the refs perspective that would make them not only not give the flopper the benefit of the flop, but penalize them, when the refs don't recognize the flop in the first place?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've been saying this for a long time. The only realistic way for punishing flopping is post-game reveal to spot flopping. (Then there would be no excuse of "oh the game is just too fast for the refs.") Use a point system similar to flagrant fouls and technicals. Fine and/or suspend players who accumulate enough points.