1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Solution: (1) compile a list of players who are notorious for Flopping; (2) whenever there is contact followed by a seizure like reaction from said players on list, have a no call policy. Every year, review the list to see if the bad apples have cleaned up their act and adjust the list accordingly.

2. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

This is probably the simplest solution. Or even when they legitimately get fouled , just give a no-call. All the ref has to say is that he wasn't sure if he was flopping our not. Like the boy who cried wolf.

Honestly the reason why its so hard to distinguish a flop or not is because the game is moving so fast, especially when your right in the middle of the action. If the refs could reliably distinguish between a foul and a flop, then we wouldn't be having this conversation, but they can't.

3. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

[​IMG]

Hey kirilenko, I've been watching you...Damn good job!

4. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

If the league did that rest assure Manu's career would be OVER! and AK's skills would be limited!

5. rday

rday Contributing Member

You can thank the euros and central/south americans for the flopping; it's a central part of their beloved sport, soccer. With these guys it's always something shady. Ginobili, Gasol, Okur, Kirlenko, Dirk, and half the Toronto Raptors. Luckily most of our guys (USA) have two much pride to puss out like that. There was talk last offseason of creating a flopping foul. The obvious issue is the subjective nature of identifying a flop. I know it's tough to referee, but they've got to figure out something. Maybe they can just force the foreigners to wear skirts.

6. laneh

laneh Member

Kirilenko play was the flop of the century. First of all, ev1 is bashing the ref. But what about AK47???

That was the most unprofessional load of crap I I have ever seen. Its one thing to take a charge and fall into momentum...

But WTF was that. It was a 100% act. Scola didn't exert anything but a hand on him. Even if that is illegal, you don't call a handcheck that late anyway.....

The ref is an idiot. He screwed up the first half and just made one of the worst calls I've ever seen.

That play made me lose respect for the NBA and all floppers in this league, including those on the Rox.

It was dirty, unethical and unsportsmanship like. Period.

7. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

There is one damn simple way to fix flops and all other problems.

All nba needs to do is hire 2 more refs so there are 5 refs. Hell 4 refs in the game is good enough as well

Each ref would pick one team, and one player from that team that is on the court. That ref would stick with that player and his defender. So 5 refs would have their eyes on at least 2 players each time. Flopping becomes impossible, more accurate foul calls will be made and tons more.

Why can't the nba just hire 1 or 2 more refs? That makes everything easier. I mean the NBA is loaded with money already why not just use some of the budget to make the game less bias?

8. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

No to be more fair nba should have 10 refs on the court one for each player on the court. :rolleyes:

9. TheMountainTop

Man all these floppers nowadays just piss me off.

I would say the biggest flopper in the game is probably Ginobili.

His flopping makes other players want to hurt him.

Shaq gave him a hard foul yesterday.
    Kobe has hit him pretty hard.
    Barbosa hit him hard.

Battier doesnt flop that much.

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I'm still waiting for Deke to put a hurtn' on AK with a hard foul. When that douche tried to flop again .2 seconds Thursday night he was just trying to straight cheat out victory for Utah.

11. luisantonio1014

you can't really call Battier a flopper because he only tries to sell the charge, but that's it. A lot of those charges, though, he takes hard. He plays tough defense, not like Kirilenko, Ginobili, and Okur. He's also not a dirty defender, like Bowen, and Okur again.

12. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

check Batt track record, you never hear one guy in the NBA complain about him being dirty or any of the such.