1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Flashback] 2001 Summer League!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Aug 17, 2021.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I was just randomly thinking about this yesterday, and was wondering if all of the old articles and interviews we did back in 2001 were still around, and they are!

Back when I was in college in 2001, me and a few other guys would meet up at the Rocky Mountain Revue and watch the Rockets play in the Summer League. This was before you could actually watch the games on the internet, and we tried to act all official and talk to the players and coaches as if we were members of the press. I swear one of the hardest things I ever did in my young life was walking up to Eddie Griffin and a few other players in the parking lot to sabatoge him for a ClutchFans interview.

Anyway, probably no one cares about this anymore, and none of these players are relevant anymore, nor unfortunately did any of them end up amounting to anything. (not even Eddie Griffin, unfortunately
    ) But going back and reading this old stuff made me laugh about not only this time capsule in my life, but the way that we agonize over these mostly meaningless Summer League games in the hopes that there will be a brighter future for our team.

In the meantime, let's all pour one out for Dan Langhi.

• Suns Set on Rockets 69-59
      JULY 27, 2001: Jonathan Griffin recaps the Rockets' final Rocky Mountain Revue game of 2001, a 69-59 loss to the Suns
    • Spurs Rough Up Rockets
      JULY 25, 2001: Jonathan Griffin gives his analysis of the Rockets loss to the Spurs in the Rocky Mountain Revue
    • Blazers Game: Player Ratings
      JULY 24, 2001: DarkHorse gives his player grades from the Rockets 89-84 loss to the Blazers in the Rocky Mountain Revue
    • Rockets Fall to Blazers 89-84
      JULY 24, 2001: Jonathan Griffin writes a recap and player analysis of the Rockets-Blazers game at the Revue. and Achebe provides photos to boot
    • Interviews: Kelly, Boylen and Mr. Mean
      JULY 23, 2001: DarkHorse and Moe of the Clutch BBS interviewed Darren Kelly and Rocket assistant coaches Larry Smith and Jim Boylen after Game 2 of the Rocky Mountain Revue
    • Rockets Beat Grizzlies 90-86
      JULY 21, 2001: DarkHorse of the Clutch BBS gives his player ratings from the Rockets 90-86 Revue win over the Grizzlies
    • Rockets are a Reck at the Revue
      JULY 20, 2001: Jonathan Griffin gives another story -- Eddie Griffin and the Rockets simply looked awful Friday night in the Revue
    JULY 20, 2001: DarkHorse of the Clutch BBS gives his player ratings from the Rockets 76-59 loss to the Mavs in Game 1 of the Rocky Mountain Revue and talks with Dan Langhi and Axel Dench

steddinotayto likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Eddie Griffin...RIP

peleincubus likes this.