1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fix is in...Foster refs game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slpntz, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

This is clearly the NBA punishing the Rockets for questioning the officiating.

The NBA front office has too much power. Ask Morey about the aborted Chris Paul/Pau Gasol deals. Ask JVG what happened after he complained about officiating. Ask Petrie what happened after he complained about officiating.

This series is over.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Nah , the narrative on him is about to change hard .... unless he goes to LA or BOS .

He will become a guy who can't win and won't be seen as a top 10 player . Oh and he's injury prone

NOP put good talent around him and they haven't made a squeak of noise . I don't wanna be associated with him right now

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

From 2018: Warriors’ record last 3 postseasons... With Scott Foster: 4-4 (.500)<< Without Foster: 33-7 (.825)

Statistically, Foster calls way more fouls than Zarba.

Eyes will be on Foster. I don't think Foster is the guy they send in to screw the Rockets or help the Warriors. I think Foster is the guy the NBA sends in when they want to influence things in a particular direction on a case by case basis. Given the circumstances, the NBA would want to help the Rockets tonight. There are too many eyes on the refereeing this game, and from a Rockets fan standpoint even more because we have a particular beef with him. The NBA will use this game to repair Foster's reputation and the only way to do that is to help the Rockets.

That doesn't guarantee a win at all. It's not a certainty that he'll even be successful in influencing the game. We just have to win. We have to win this series and then remind them that they got a free win to start it all off. The Rockets can overcome this if they are too busy BELIEVING than getting caught up in things players can't control.

Vivi, joshuaao and LFE171 like this.
  4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I welcome the chaos

juanm34 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well then we should at least try to take some warriors with us .

They need to be beat . If not by us , then I'll settle for someone else . If it really looks that bad and we are just getting screwed ... we shouldn't go down quietly .

CP3 has powerful friends and harden makes too much money for them for them to just kick him out of the league .

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I have a feeling the Rockets are gonna have to adopt the Avengers Endgame sentiments...

#whateverittakes

bro2044 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

I couldn't agree more. All of a sudden, all the b****ing they do because they're so used to getting everything called in their favor just goes unnoticed now.

Nook and juanm34 like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

This isn’t the refs.... this is 100% Adam Silver and the league office.

9. farhen

farhen Member

Adding more oil to the fire

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

As Durant would say.

This is the hardest road.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In all my years of non-calls, technicals, screwjobs, it was never personal. But I'll tell you now, what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little franchise... I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much.
    [​IMG]

House Rockets and thekad like this.
  12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is the NBA saying **** you to the Rockets. Time to go all ghetto and **** them back!

13. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

I agree. I’m not saying be quiet the entire game. But don’t argue every single time you miss a shot. Blaming the refs is the ultimate loser excuse. Bad officiating has been a part of the NBA forever. Yet everyone is still surprised.

14. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

This may actually end up going the other way. Scott Foster is under a lot of suspicion, so this maybe the opportunity to shake off the trail.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The NBA isn't going to be negligent.

Rockets need to show toughness tonight. Enough talking about the officiating!

It's us against the world. Rockets win tonight!

snowconeman22 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  16. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

It’s human nature.

17. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I think it’s a combination of both. The league office and the refs would like to say f u to the Rockets for complaining and exposing them imo.

18. justtxyank

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course there's bad officiating.

This goes even beyond that. The backlash hasn't been as big as it is now for quite a long time. that's the problem

people just simply overlooking it, and using all these generic gimmicks just allows it to continue and in no way addresses the real issue.

20. justtxyank

So why don't they punish the Warriors...

Nook likes this.