1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fitness Equipment (Bowflex)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jtotheb, May 27, 2007.

Tags:
  1. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

My wife and I are thinking about getting a Bowflex machine for the house. Does anyone have any experience with these systems?

I would greatly appreciate any and all info regarding this!

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I've known some people who got bowflex... all with negative feedbacks. They say it doesn't really make that much of a difference and you're much better off getting dumbels and such.

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

As clotheslines/hampers go, a bit expensive.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

not worth the money. you'd be better off getting a gym membership and never going.

5. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I'm a 49 year old rockstar in the greatest shape of my LIFE. I own this Bowflex body only because I strength train with Bowflex.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

the biggest problem with home workout machines are just that.. they're at home. where every 5 minutes you're going to get distracted...

7. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Go to the gym. You will feel more motivated looking at the young ppl, the ripped, and the hot girls.

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Of course, not everyone wants to go to a crowded, bacteria-infested health club. Works both ways. :)

9. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

I guess my question is...if they aren't all that great, how have they stayed around for so long? I can remember Bowflex commercials from back in the 80's. I've only known one person that's had one...and he was in great shape. I guess I'm just looking for more input before I commit to spending that money.

10. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

Cause great marketing? If you really wants to stay in shape, you don't even have to spend a dime. Push ups, sit ups, running, all can keep you in shape.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i've messed around with one at someone's house before. i think you can get a good workout in with it, but for much cheaper you can get some free weights, a bench, etc. squats, deadlifts, bench press, get that covered in your home gym and you're good.

if i had the money and the room i'd get some home gym equipment. i work out frequently but i don't particularly enjoy the public gym.

12. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

my roomates a body builder and he says it absolutely sucks. he told me the strength ratio changes as you stretch the wire, and it doesnt help with balancing muscles. he told me just go to the gym and bench and squat to get into really good shape, maybe swim too.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

honestly you're better off buying some resistance bands and a door handle attachment... wont run you over 100 bucks... does the same stuf

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

MattFurey.com

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Actually I've gotten more in shape at home than at the gym. It's nice working out at the comfort of your own home with your own bench and weights while watching episodes of Family Guy. The only downside to that, you mess up your rhythm and your body weakens continuously from laughter.