1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First time telling a girl that I like her..and friendzoned..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCity3, Jan 14, 2013.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Move on and find a girl who appreciates you... also don't stop improving yourself ... ever... that's the recipe for finding something beyond what you thought she offered. Make a girl demonstrate her value to you

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

()

^ That right there is a little vagina. That is what you are ;).

3. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Lol wish I could rep.

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

Repped for both of us, lol

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I vote against ever dating a girl you have been long time friends with. My attempt flamed out too, but in an even worse way than OPs. After that, I decided I would be upfront with womenfolk about my intentions.

6. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

bummer.

games are fun sometimes. learn how to play them.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Wait OP is 19?

That's too old, brah. Now you'll never get a girl.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL @ finals. :grin: I don't think she was playing. Lots of these dudes want to tell him to go wild with other girls and himself, but she told him honestly and he should (like a gentleman) accept it, because that's what the status quo is. We don't know her reasons for saying "let's remain friends." AT LEAST she didn't say "get away, you creep!"... that's a good sign!

Don't sweat it, OP. Like someone said above, you tried and failed, but that doesn't mean she can't come back to you. Pick your head up. TRY later, when you've remained her loyal friend and she sees it didn't hurt your friendship. Go out with her in the group and try to SHOW her you're OK with it. When she sees you're confident again, she will slowly realize she lost a good opportunity and come back to you on her own. If she doesn't, think to yourself she lost a good thing! Be a gentleman.

Now for a story I'd like to tell (your results may vary! Proceed with caution):

Once I met a girl that I thought was good looking, only, but didn't even know what she was like or anything, and we were just casual friends. I actually wanted to date her friend, who was HOT at the time (now she's not, but that's a different story). We just said hello every now and then, and we became good friends. I asked her for her phone number just casually, and we started talking. We told each other almost everything, like friends.

Out of nowhere, I asked her to go out to a movie, as friends. I knew I liked her, but I just wanted to see how she reacted and I was afraid she'd say no because we were good friends, so I said "as friends" and she was OK with this. We went out a couple more times, and just out of nowhere we kissed and made out and went out some more. We danced, we laughed, etc. I never told her how I felt until one time, that I thought I should have, and I did. She suddenly realized I did, and she asked if we could take it slow and remain friends. I agreed. I thought "WTF did I do?" but I had done nothing wrong, I found out later.

I dated a few other girls but always wanted to go out with the first girl and stay with her. She saw me many times at school. She was friends with the other girls I dated, but I knew it wasn't the same. I heard from the grapevine that she had been talking about me being TOO nice to her. She said I was too much of a gentleman, saying she didn't deserve me. I was all "WTH, did she want me to be an ahole?" but she just wasn't sure about me and her being "girlfriend/boyfriend" in a relationship. Her friends all told her that she was blind and was thinking it too much, that I wanted her and she didn't because she was afraid.

Suddenly she started talking to me again, asking about me to her friends, smiling when I saw her. I saw this as an opportunity one more time. I asked her out again. We spoke on the phone for hours on end, I listened CLEARLY to what she told me all the time, and she was surprised I remembered bits and pieces she thought I would have forgotten from the first few times. Basically, her explanation for stopping it the first time was that she said she never had someone listen to her as much as I did, and that I had done NOTHING wrong at all, and she was too scared to go into anything with me, because all her friends told her she was shocked it could be this good. This time, she took me to meet her parents, friends everywhere, I visited her at work, etc. We started going out to lunch, dinners, dancing, movies, all that stuff again.

We haven't left each other since. We've been married for about 15 years now, have two daughters, a lovely home and a few pets and are successful professionals. :eek: LISTEN to her.

1 person likes this.
  10. SK34

SK34 Member

It happens quite a lot in this world

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Eat Lift MISC Sleep Repeat

12. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

This .......... It will drive her nuts ...she will want you after that ...then you can boff her and never talk to her again as payback.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

QFT! Its crazy but it works...Everyone wants what they can't have...Nothing wrong with being rejected, keep trying, all you need is one girl to say yes!

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

19? You need to be out chasing strange

15. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Cut her wrists because Beiber smokes pot....
    #CutForBeiber

lets get some girls to cut their wrists

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Way too long. Once you've been friendzoned, you'll be stuck in the friendzone.

No don't need her as friend. Avoid her but if you see her, act cool.

yup. move on. Plenty of fish out there.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

:) I've been married for 15 years to my best friend from college.

I vote for not applying absolutes.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I support your vote. :eek: (see my story)

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think that's an absolute...

Anyway, of course it can work. But it didn't work for me. Asked her out. Went on a date. It felt awkward. So we mutually called it off mid-date. On the drive home I realized we couldn't go back to just-friends status, so I gave her a call and proposed we simply become friends with benefits since bf/gf didn't work and just friends would no longer work.

She was offended and even a bit disgusted. I haven't talked to her since, and this was 6-7 years ago. Before that we had been really good friends and talked almost daily for about 3-4 years. So it didn't work out for me.

1 person likes this.
  20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I have been working with a nice, attractive college intern as my assistant since Oct. until she graduates. At first, there was some definite so wrong sexual tension between us (not helped by me saying she looks nice today and her saying the same to me - oops), but thankfully now I can tell I'm friendzoned and she keeps telling me how similar I am to her boyfriend and now I have opened up about my family...I think we respect our values to do anything anyway. so sometimes the friendzone is a healthy thing compared to the alternative.