1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First thing I notice when Ming is in the game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kidrock8, Oct 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

The Spurs are sending 2-3 guys down on him, before he even receives the entry pass. I wonder if this is how other teams will play the Rockets when Ming is in the game. Obviously, this means we'll have open shots available.

2. gun_gy

gun_gy Member

so far... not very impressive debut.

3. gun_gy

gun_gy Member

did he get any blocks?

4. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Nope, but Griffin has 3!!! :D

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Actually it's a pretty good debut. He knocked down shots and FTs, the Spurs have double and triple teamed him and he hasn't gotten frustrated, he has gotten to the glass, and he intimated the Spurs offense. Outside of some quick fouls being called he is doing pretty good considering he only had like 2 days of practice.

6. feishen

feishen Member

So you are not even watching the game. Where is your impression from?

7. dttd888

dttd888 Member

My only way of hearing this game is on Spurs radio over the internet. 2 fouls have come from post up offensive moves from Yao. For anyone who is watching this, is Yao really pushing off, or are they giving him the old rookie no respect calls????

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

he looked pretty good to me...those fouls looked a little weak..let the big man play!

9. dttd888

dttd888 Member

Your next statement was, "does he have any blocks." ?????? Don't comment on the guys performance if you're obviously not watching it. Leave the commentary for those that are watching it, so the people like me, that can't watch, can hear the truth.

10. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

Are you watching the same game I am he looks good for 2 days of pratice

Plus all of the spurs shots when he was in there were all long distance shots....:cool:

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

What's funny to me:

All the Ming-Haters had said that he would get rolled over, he's soft, he's not physical enough..

Yet all his fouls have been from being over-aggressive?

I can't wait for the season :D

12. kountzer

kountzer Member

Yao needs to work on his upper body strength, soon, like tomorrow. He played a good 2nd qtr, considering he has had only 2 days of practice. The jumper was impressive, so were the free throws. It is going to take him awhile to get acclimated to the NBA. Amare Stoudamare woul of been a better pick, but that is water under the bridge now. Go Rockets, go Yao.

~jkountzer~

13. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

EXACTLY! Yao is bringing it!

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

15. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Uh, we don't need a power forward that likes to do flashy dunks. We needed a fundamentally sound center who knows how to play smart basketball...hence Yao Ming!

16. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

What the ????

Where did that come from? Stoudemire with the first pick in the draft? Man, that would be the biggest mistake since Kwame Brown & Sam Bowie. Well maybe not Bowie, but you get the idea :eek: :eek:
    Man, it looks like Yao is going to really have foul troubles this year and that's too bad, but he get his in due time. Let's all hope

17. CoPilot

CoPilot Member

Stoudamare is going to be good yes I agree but ask his team if they would trade him for Yao Ming and they would in a heart beat Yao Ming is going to be great and change the way teams play.

Stoudamare will not change the way a team plays them!

so IMHO you are completly dumbfounded...stupid...dont know what you are talking about....or just very upset your team doesnt have the big guy...... :cool:

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Shut yer yap.

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Another thing I've noticed:

I bet David Robinson doesn't want to look at this tape. Yao has completely faked him out of his shoes everytime they go 1 on 1. :eek: I think he's already respected..

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Here's a hint guys : focus on the good point that kidrock8 made in the thread instead of the foolish ones. You'll end up with a better discussion that way... instead you're ruining what could've been a decent thread and that's what trolls want.