1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft live right now -- come join us!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

First Take: Should James Harden be favored for a second straight MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Jan 2, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

...unless you quoted someone else by mistake I think we have a communication problem. :) I didnt even talk about JH or Mvp or even nba players at all. Cheers

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, sorry. No prob. Happy new year!

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to watch that garbage until they change the name to, Worst Take.

4. Nook

Nook Member

I doubt that James Harden gets the MVP unless the Rockets charge to the 1 seed and look dominant.

Having said that, there isn't many objective people that can claim that James Harden has at worst been the second best player in the world the last 4-5 years and currently is the best player in the world.

34/6/8 is his current stat line..... he is also shooting 52% on 2's, 38% on 3's and 85% from the line, with a couple steals.

His adjusted field goal percentage is up to 55% on 22 shots a game........ and his VORP, OWS, BPM and virtually all other advanced measures have him first or second in the league.

James Harden is currently the best player in the league, and as of today, it isn't even close.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

"Harden's team is fighting to make the playoffs, the MVP has to play in a team with the best record bla bla"

Rockets are like 4th and three games behind the 1st seed and those frontrunners in the East, meanwhile Davis is in the conversation and his team is like bottom 5 in the league, shouldn't even heard his name.

Also funny how this didn't matter last season, didn't matter when Westbrook was leading his team to the 8th seed, but it did matter when Curry was on the best team lol...see you in a couple of months btw Rich.

Also that "no defense" is getting old, watch some games or at least do some research if you are supposed to be an analyst smh...Lebron and Westbrook played no defense for years but they made some amazing blocks here and there -> "great defenders"...facepalm

JVL713, joshuaao, luckyman76 and 2 others like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Team Wins will be crucial. I don't think the Rockets have to get #1 in the West, but better get much closer. Moreover, the Bucks will have to slide back a tad. Perhaps with Toronto and/or Pacers/76ers/Celtics pushing them down.

Giannis is in the lead because of Numbers, Team Wins, and "Aesthetics." Harden has some good "narrative" now, but Giannis has "the shiny new narrative" angle. And there could be "voter fatigue/backlash" against Harden.

Those are things Harden will have to overcome. But there is a lot of season left to complete this story.

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm just gonna assume nba players are dumb as doorknobs from now on until proven otherwise. having elite basketball skills and iq don't translate to smarts apparently. see mergady.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HArden = 4th in steals = no defense
    KAwhi = 15th in steals = Ultimate Defensive stopped
    Giannis 15 pts in the game last night . . .but was unstoppable???

GTFOH

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

they are just bias as hell

Anyone can go for 40 . .. . .well Richard. . . DID YOU EVER GO FOR 40 IN AN NBA GAME????
    Then STFU!!

Rocket River

luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Well, if it was said on First Take then I must stand up and listen. Or not. Like ever.

(I'm old; and re: hot take fools I am cranky at them and anyone who reacts to them. I just might, or not?, STFU on this issue.)

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well if the Rockets beat the Warriors that is 11 wins out of 12. With the lone loss being by 2 points. You can't get a much better turn around than that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Richard Jefferson still bitter on draft day when the Rockets traded him for Eddie Griffin.
    Also Richard didn't even show up at his Wedding, his fiancé was left at the alter, Richard is a scumbag.
    There are pictures floating around of him being gay.

#33 rockets1995, Jan 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    RayRay10, luckyman76 and hakeem94 like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lebron and Giannis are valid picks over Harden, if we're being honest. I'd have Harden 2nd behind Giannis, but both would be fine, I think.

Kawhi is beyond stupid. Dude has willingly sat out like 25% of the season so far, and the Raptors still win without him.

Also Jefferson's comment that Harden's "not even close to the best player in basketball" is silly. He's #1 in RPM by a comfortable margin, and leads the league in scoring by like 5 ppg. lmao.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum breh, u sure dun luv your fapping breh Mergady.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He’s a closet homosexual like Westbrook.

[​IMG]

He’s living a lie so it manifests itself in other ways. It’s that internal turmoil and everyday struggle.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He’s a closet homosexual like Westbrook.

[​IMG]

He’s living a lie so it manifests itself in other ways. It’s that internal turmoil and everyday struggle.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The clear answer is he should definitely be favored for a second straight MVP since he is the only player that can achieve that this season.

Deckard, BigM and Artie_Fufkin like this.
  19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

^That's a flaming hot take right there

20. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Maybe someday they can get someone on there that's competent enough to refute those (start with one) points.