1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Concert Experience

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Jan 21, 2011.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

'AHHHH NO... someone stole my Pepsi.'
    _____

I think I was there for that one to see Primus.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Probably right. Now that you mention it, it probably was the Three Stooges theme. Now that I've had my coffee, I actually remember having a Power Windows concert shirt in my concert shirt repertoire from high school.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's not funny at all. Dumb post of the day.

4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I have the Kiss show on DVD.

My first concert was Judas Priest Sept 1982 at the Sam Houston Colesium. That was the Screaming for Vengance tour and they had three encores.

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

1978, 10th grade, Sam Houston Coliseum.

The Cars. They were just starting their first headlining tour. Buddy and I were sitting around on a Saturday afternoon and he suggested we go to the concert. However, to go, I would need permission to not only go, but also to take mom's car. Amazingly, she gave the OK and away we went. I think we bought scalped tickets to the left of stage in about the 7th or 8th row for about $15 each.

6. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Molly Hatchet/April Wine in the Coliseum, '80 or '81 I think.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The last show I saw in the Coliseum was Van Halen opening for Black Sabbath in 1978.

There were casualties everywhere requiring dexterous footwork through the aisles.

Van Halen was good, but Sabbath blew 'em away.