1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah pretty much the fact that Nash & Rubio are getting votes over guys like Parker & Rubio when they aren't even playing is kind of funny. And Tim Duncan is the champ, in my opinion he is to good for the ****ing all star game LOL. ;)

But as usual the cry babies come out saying Lin doesn't deserve it, he is embarrassing Houston etc. Frankly I don' care whether Lin gets it or not or if Harden gets it or not. As long as one Rocket makes it I am cool. Everything will balance it self out as more votes pour in etc.

Frankly if I were to vote based on actual merit on who deserves it the most on the Rockets I would vote for Omer. We would be absolute trash if it wasn't for Asik, teams would just run lay up drills against us. Can you imagine Smith or god forbid Cole as our center? I shudder at the thought. LOL

Totally off topic but I wanted to give Greg some love. Credit to Greg & how well he has been playing & how much I love him, I would actually be pretty chill if he was our starting center for a few games if Omer was hurt. Not that Smith is as good as Omer but Greg sets means picks & rolls hard to the Rim & his defense is pretty solid. I think with Omer & Greg as our two centers I think it is safe to say that the Rockets have one of the better center rotation in the NBA?

2. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

it's the *All Star Game* ! I want to see Rockets players on the floor and yes I'm a homer of the 1st degree. Especially because it's here.

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

If Lin makes it...

SMDH

4. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

I don't have a problem with your opinions...

I'm not a LOF either. I just get irritated at people with join dates of after Jul 2012 who don't post anything except when Lin has a bad game or something negative can be said. They are not to be found on nights he does well, and on the night of the Spurs game, they were as silent as the grave.

Don't have a problem with people who are critical of Lin, though.

5. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

HTML:
    ClutchFans.net ‏@clutchfans
    Jeremy Lin has more All-Star votes than Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker and OJ Mayo... combined. http://bit.ly/UEewZT 
    LMAO

By the way, I was posting the other day, saying Lin is the most popular player on the ROX and I was scolded by a veteran poster: "i think i may have read the worst LOF statement". I guess that poster will never understand Lin's popularity and probably is fuming right now. :p

6. TTNN

TTNN Member

Anthony Davis....:confused:

I voted for Parsons every day, he is not even there :mad:

7. ERC

ERC Member

It depends on the definition of the word "Star".

You think casual fans outside of Texas know who Tim Duncan is, let alone become interested in watching him play in an exhibition game? :eek:

8. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

Seems people are confusing all star team with all NBA team.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

You are overacting a bit. If good play was the ONLY aspect then there would be absolutely no fan vote & only the coaches would vote in the starters & the bench. Or they would have the NBA media vote in as well.

Look at Steve Nash & Rubio what good play have they shown this season, they aren't even playing. What good play has Dwight Howard shown. What about Deron Williams who has been underwhelming over somebody like Jrue Holliday who is playing like a superstar right now.

Good play becomes a factor in reference to only the bench, who the coaches select. When it comes to the starters & fan vote it is all about who fans want to see. The NBA is a global sport that is why they have fan votes to cater to that aspect of the game. If they had improved technology in Congo/ Africa Serge Ibaka would be the king of the all star games. LOL.

Just a thought.

10. rogower

rogower Member

Jeremy Lin's big vote count, along with the big game the other night against the Spurs when James Harden was out, suggests that he remains a valuable commodity in this league, at least to a non-playoff team that a) has no long term solution at PG and b) is struggling to draw fans.

The Kings strike me as a team that might be interested in Lin. The Kings may be willing to trade Demarcus Cousins to the Rockets for Lin if a) the Rockets will throw in one of their young bigs (presumably Donatas Motiejunas) and b) the Rockets will take back an unwanted non-expiring contract (presumably Francisco Garcia). This deal works:

Jeremy Lin and Donatas Motiejunas to the Kings;
    Demarcus Cousins and Francisco Garcia to the Rockets

The Rockets would be able to sweeten the deal for the Kings by acquiring Richard Hamilton's expiring (for all intents and purposes) contract and the Bulls' 2013 first round pick in exchange for "future considerations," and sending the pick to the Kings in this deal. Chicago would want to make this deal so as to avoid the luxury tax penalty this season. Hamilton would not be retained beyond this season.

Houston would then likely start Toney Douglas at "point guard" even though Harden would be the one with the ball most of the time. Houston would look to use its summer 2013 cap space to somehow acquire a PG who can, unlike Lin, play alongside Harden.

11. sando

sando Member

Why not? He has a huge fan base.

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

The players of this game need to be decided by coaches and other players. Being an all-star has little value when solid, but undeserving players, like Jeremy Lin, Ray Allen and others make the cut.

13. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Some the posters here are overestimating Lin's popularity in China/Taiwan. He has a solid fanbase there, but he's not popular enough there for people to be voting for him just because he's Asian. Lin's support from China isn't even close to the support Yao got. I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of Lin's votes were from people in the US.

And once again, it's a popularity contest. There's a reason why there's an All NBA team.

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Why do you think the NBA let the fans to vote for the all-star starters?

It's for the fans to pick who they want to see, not who is the better player. Even the reserves picked by the coaches were never without the controversy in the past.

15. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Judging from Twitter, it's a lot of Asian girls who vote everyday because they're in love with Jeremy like he's Justin Bieber.

I suppose it expands the fan base of the NBA... uh...

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

How am I overreacting? You and I have different criteria for all-stars, you think all-star is not about a player's game, whereas I think it should be all about a player's game, that's all there is to it.

Also, the voting system is a fan interaction system. The league has done this before with the slam dunk contest and the MVP votes (which counted as 1 vote). The logic behind it is the most popular players are usually the ones who have the most impact on the court. Of course, there are flaws to that when a player is popular for reasons other than his play. Doesn't mean the league intended for that.

Just a thought.

17. pnr

pnr Member

Lin won't start since he would have to be in the top 2 for West backcourt. If he somehow manages to average 14/7 from here on out, there's a chance he will take over Paul, but if he continues being an 11/6 guy, he won't make it.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Lin wont make it if he's not a starter then.... Atleast we'll get Harden in the mix

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ridiculous.:rolleyes:

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly I think it would be best if the press/media voted.

They usually try to be fair and they also usually hold strong to their standards...like how some will say if you aren't on a winning team you shouldn't be in and such.