1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He's probably the guy who wanted to "FIRE MURRAY."

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not once. Not twice. But three times you mispelled Harden's name. Your "Rockets Fan" card is in danger of being revoked.

3. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Would be interesting to see Harden's votes if Jeremy wasn't on the ballot. I have a hunch that those voting for Lin are also voting for Harden as well.

4. FearTheBeardJH

So averaging 11&6 on 40% shooting almost gets you in all star game these days...

5. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Hardin is like a combo of Harden and Lin.

See, they can co-exist.

6. arjun

arjun Member

it IS embarrasing for our team if Lin got voted in as a starter. he does not deserve it, he won't want to be there. he himself will regret being voted it...i can promise you that.

if he deserved it..thats one thing..but he doesn't.

I'm sure Harden will make it as a reserve..and he deserves it.

7. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

According to Twitter "2012 year in review", "Jeremy Lin" is the 2012 top trend in twitted sports personnel, and no. 6 in sports terms. The top 10 sports terms trends are: #1, nfl; #2, nascar; #3, mlb; #4, olympics; #5, sfgiants; #6, Jeremy Lin; #7, super bowl; #8, dwight howard; #9, kobe; #10, yankees.

Link is http://2012.twitter.com/en/trends.html

According to Google’s “Zeitgeist 2012 year in review (you searched it)”, Jeremy Lin is the 2012 top trending athlete, above Michael Phelps and Peyton Manning.

Link is http://www.google.com/zeitgeist/2012/#the-world

Jeremy Lin's popularity is undeniable.

8. Beard

Beard Member

People really should not get worked about about these all star games. First of all, the season just started a month ago, so its not enough time to judge players anyway. Down the line I hope they put Rubio in every ASG, even if he doesnt deserve it, because this game is about entertaining the fans and he is the most entertaining player. If 5 million people vote for lin and he gets voted in, that means 5 million people want to watch him play that game, and thats what needs to happen.

People want this to be merit based? THATS WHAT THE ALL NBA TEAMS ARE FOR. And they are at the end of the year. There are teams that havent played 20 games yet, nobody is really deserving of any accolades

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Must be nice to play in LA right? Yeah, if Duncan isn't the starting Center/PF/ Point Guard, whatever of the All-star team of the decade then its obviously a joke.

like I said earlier though... people that vote in December are usually just the ?.... Only Fans of the Lakers, Lin, or whoever. Just like with Yao's situation a couple years ago, it will even out more once the coaches votes get cast, and the true basketball fans finally weigh in.

Its still a popularity contest in the end, but right now its just the ?... Only Fans, and we all know from experience that they aren't the most logical fanbase in the world. It's only December folks.

10. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

Dude, you're missplelling Harden. It's Hurdayne.

;)

11. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

And playing zero games gets you almost 60,000 votes.
    What's your freaking point?

Btw, where were you and your other troll friends the night Lin dropped 38 on the Spurs?

12. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

So if Lin comes in 3rd he doesn't make it - since coaches vote the bench players in?

Lin shouldn't be in there. He hasn't earned it this year with his play.

13. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Lin won't beat Kobe and Paul.

Everyone relax.

14. arjun

arjun Member

i know this was not directed at me....and i am not a troll..just a realist.

but dude, one performance does not make up for lin playing like a scared b**** the whole season.

westbrook and cp3 are beasts...lin should be no where near them when it comes to allstar starters...can't even make a case for lin to be on the team.

i have nothing against lin, i want him to succeed sooooo bad, but the ball is in his court to make the most of his time on the court.

15. arjun

arjun Member

the NBA will make sure of that.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow, so many bitter Rockets fans. I mean, we're finally somewhat back in the national spotlight again, which is always good for player recruitment, and there's still b!tching going on?

Instead of just harping on the supposed China bias and how it might affect the integrity of the fan voting, which makes no sense in the first place, just look at how ridiculous other placements are. Pau Gasol the 5th foward/center in the west? Parker sandwiched between two players who haven't really played this year in Nash and Rubio? Shane Battier even on the list, ahead of Brook Lopez and Sideshow Bob? Zach Randolph can't even sniff the top-10 bigs in the west?

If you are truly complaining that Chinese fans aren't taking voting seriously, then by the same token 90% of American NBA fans should give up their votes too.

1 person likes this.
  17. ERC

ERC Member

LOL! Not all Lin fans are Asian, and not all Asians vote for Lin. ;)

Kobe and LBJ are both immensely popular in China and I wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of their votes came from there. And last time I checked, neither is Asian.

Even if Lin gets a lot of votes from China, it should be no different than, say, Tony Parker getting votes from France, or Ricky Rubio from Spain.

18. arjun

arjun Member

"Jeremy Lin has more All-Star votes than Russell Westbrook, Tony Parker and OJ Mayo..."

that is terrible, fans should NOT be allowed to vote.
    it should be just coaches.

the west allstar startersam should be this:

west:
    cp3 or westbrook
    kobe
    durant
    randolph
    duncan

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Except it SHOULD be the only aspect. If good play wasn't the only aspect, then why do coaches vote in the reserves and not the fans?

All-star is a term designated for individuals who exceed all others in their field. There is no other aspect of being an all-star.

20. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Kobe is Japanese...