1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

Brady is no Adrian Peterson, does that mean you take Peterson?

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That makes no sense.

There are so many things wrong with your post. When did you start watching basketball? Probably when Linsanity hit New York?

First of all, Kobe's FG% doesn't matter. What matters is TS%, and he is at 60% this season.

Second of all, I never said Nash or Pau or whatever deserves to be all-star. I said Kobe deserves to be all star over Lin. If this argument was whether Kobe deserves to be in all-star over Harden, I would definitely say no.

Last of all, stop bringing up a freaking 1 game sample sizes to aid your argument. Like I said, if you want to make the point that the Rockets lost by 20 against Spurs when Harden was playing well, and lost by only a smaller margin when Harden was out, then the Lakers are 1-0 when Kobe shoots 40 shots or more. If the coaches let Kobe shoot 40 shots a game they would be on track to win the rest of their games.

And last of all, do you not realize Nash and Pau had been out for a significant period of time? Lakers haven't been full strength since practically near the beginning of the season.

Above all else, you still provided no reason with regards to why Lin deserves to be all-star over Kobe based on their impact on the court.

3. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I watched basketball since a bulls bandwagon in their first 3 peat. Then I realized I hated hated the popular teams, so I followed the Rockets all the way from the NYK finals, Orlando finals etc. In any event, Lin deserves the AS. TS%, well, I guess if you get the benefit of all those ticky tacky fouls that Kobe gets for his FTs. His 3s are good. Didn't say he wasn't good, but I don't think he's AS material this year. Lin should go because fans voted him in, and he's a talented floor general. The reason why his numbers were down was because the coaches benched him so many times. If you disagree with me, are you going to state RIGHT NOW, that without Jeremy Lin, the Rockets would have still beat Memphis, NYK and 76ers?

If you honestly think so, go on record to say it right now. Simply state: Without Jeremy Lin, we would still beat Memphis by 20 points. :p

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You inferred a bunch of things I never said.

But I guess two can play that game.

Do you honestly think the Rockets would be undefeated with Lin and without James Harden on the court? And Lin would average 40/10/10?

If you think so, simply state: Without Harden, Lin would average 40/10/10 and the Rockets would be undefeated.

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

lets put it this way...without kobe lakers would have better W-L ratio now...

6. Karolik

Karolik Member

If Lin is the Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Peyton Manning that would mean he's a HOF PG because they are HOF QBs. All of them have won championships, how many does Lin have? He's not even a top 5 PG in the league right now. If anything Lin = RGIII, or Russel Wilson, players with potential with a small chance of making the HOF in the future and I"m being super optimistic.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Just realized that Howard has not been healthy at all this season. It is clear to everyone. Fingers crossed maybe Howard drops out of the games & Asik somehow makes his way in. That would be legit. Who are the centers that are really dominating in the west aside from Omer? Duncan, Pek, Gasol that is all I can think off the top of my head, would be awesome if Omer made it in the games somehow.

8. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Since it's the All-star game, I could see the coaches filling the roster out with more PFs as well. Pau has took some games off and has yet to find a clear role in Mike's system, so he hasn't been dominating.

I think Asik will have a fair shot at it, even with Dwight on the team. But since the All-star game has kinda gone away from the centers position, I could also see more PFs like Kevin Love, David Lee, Lamarcus Aldridge, Zach Randolph, Al Jefferson, or Serge Ibaka getting those spots to fill out the frontcourt.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Oh yeah they took away the center position totally forgot. Thanks for the clarification. Fingers crossed for Omer.

10. caneks

caneks Rookie

Howard does not have health issue, instead the Lakers has chemistry issue.

11. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

yes and it is going for 3rd year now...lakers have low quality players issue....how low your basketball IQ must be in order to for you to take 41 shot ?:rolleyes: nothwithstanding rings you have...if you take 41 shot in a game that simply means you dont know a first thing about basketball....

do you all realise that usa olympic tim defeated spain in olympic finals by only 7 points...and it was close game until 2-3 last minutes...

nba superstars are not that much better from average players they are just overblown by media

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

So when Dwight Howard says sometimes his back is so bad he can't feel his legs, by back he obviously means team chemistry, so the lakers team chemistry is so bad he can't feel his legs? Okay then.

13. SK34

SK34 Member

Why do people say Coaches Bench Lin? 30 minutes + a game is not called being benched.

14. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

sometimes disease or condition get worse when you live in stressful environment or things are not going well...basic medical knowledge...

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I knew it! BraveFox is Royce White o_O

16. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Herniated discs are controversial in the medical community. Some researchers believe they are psychosomatic.

There has been some research to back this up. There are apparently lots of people who are running around with bulging discs but they have no symptoms and feel no pain. But someone else will.

Anyway, I'm not Dwight's doctor, but BraveFox isn't totally off base.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's stressed related. Both he and Amare had it last year, and it was a very stressful time for both.