1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First All-Star ballot returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

You really don't seem to read do you? See my above post

2. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

no marbury=voting rigged

3. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i mean rafer nearly has as much as roy lol, maybe portland doesnt get internet access haha

4. GOAT

GOAT Member

Joe Johnson should be the 2nd guard on here behind Dewayne Wade.....Hell me myself would take Joe over Wade, nothing against Wade or anything...I just like taller guards who can shoot....There is no way he is anything other than second

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You might be right - I can't see any way that Ridnour has a fan base - nor ANY reason to want him in the All Star game...

Get the papers onto it?

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

LOL! Rafer Alston is about as good as Roy and Billups huh??

and T-Mac gets top 5 voting just after hitting a few three pointers in a couple of games and not doing much else?

Go China!

7. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

gilbert has 64 k votes on popularity alone. he shouldn't even be put on the ballot cuz who knows if he'll even play. almost as bad as the yi getting more votes than chris bosh.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Frankly, neither does Yao. He has had just a few decent games this season.

9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

wtf @ Yi's votes! :mad:

I can't believe some of those fans just cast their ballots on Yi for nothing.

He ain't gonna be no superstar by far.Face the truth,he's good player,working hard,but wtf?for all star? No way!

10. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

cmon China lets get the whole Rockets team in. :D

11. yaorta

yaorta Member

here comes the question, will tracy make all-star this year?

12. mm.z_from_china

13. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

Anyone who think China doesn't play a large role in the skewing is kidding themselves.

14. levintblack

levintblack Contributing Member

You can take the heighth I'll take the league leader in points who also beats Johnson in assists, rebounds, steals, blocks and shooting percentage. What Wade is doing so far this season is absolutely ridiculous. 30 pts, 7.5 assists, 5 rebounds, 2.3 steals and 1.7 blocks. All of those are top 15 in the league except rebounds (points and steals are top 5).

15. Seth

Seth Member

What all due respect about china fans, do you care about basketball or you only care to see yao and yi play??? There is absolutely no sense in the world if a player averageing 11-6 gets to the all star, not to say that is already a travesty that Yi has more votes than true NBA ALL Star players.

Come on, i am argentine but that does not mean i will be voting for Scola, Hermann, Oberto or Nocioni, i vote for Ginobili because i do think he was screwed last year, but that´s about it.

My casted vote was for Kobe-Ginobili-Nowitzki-Duncan-Yao for the West and Calderon-Wade-Pierce-Garnett-Howard for the East.

16. Dr.B

Dr.B Member

A lot of ppl said yao got the most of votes from our chinese fans, but actually we chinese have really been tired of such dumb voting as what you can observe from the results. Yao Ming (Hou) 529,290? you gotta be kidding me, donot humiliate the population of china! ;)

17. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

he's sleeping with with the commish David Stern.

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

dam we shouldve just all voted francis. then maybe he will finally get onto the court. shouldve known david stern wouldnt allow marbury in. freakin fascist.

stern a fascist.

isnt it ironic? don't you think?

19. SevereCr1tic

SevereCr1tic Member

What's your point? Did you mean if China did vote, Yao would get more than 50 millions votes?

20. Wayne Keith

Wayne Keith Member

We Chinese have great power……

I think maybe it's because us that Shane can get so many votes~~~

We see "I can play" all day on TV~~~So familiar with him that treat him just like one of us. Peak has spent a lot of money on advertising……And it's obvious that they also earn much……That company warmly hope Shane can get on the All-Star court in Peak shoes~~ I have seen an advertisement on TV that calls for voting for him......Don't appreciate, but it really works……

You know how many Chinese brands in Rockets' locker room and the Toyoto centre…… What Yao brings you is more than basketball. Money, Asian attention, and many things else.....

Yao is great...