1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Firing McHale and hiring a real coach would improve the rockets more than Carmelo...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jul 4, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just saying.

Would you rather have: Carmelo, harden, Dwight and that idiot coach

Or

Sign quality players to shore up our weak positions and fire McHale for a real head coach.

One is a pipe dream (melo) the other is doable. Unfortunately we wasted time while other free agents like 2pat and hawes have signed.

1 person likes this.
  2. jvu

jvu Member

Give Michael a chance he's been through some ****. Now he gets a real chance to coach. Wish we could have pop but doesn't work like that.

I'm not interested in melo.. Imagine how bad our D would be.. My god. Terrible

3. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

I agree with the McHale stuff but PatPat and Hawes are a dime a dozen. I rather take a shot at greatness and fail then make lateral mediocre moves. Lets see what happens in the coming days before we pass judgment.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Haven't you heard? All these free agents are lining up right now in the rain outside the TC because of our Players Coach Mchale?

Its no secret. They know he's crap. Even the dumb melo knows it.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Morey thinks coaches don't matter unless they have a brain of their own, then they must go.

6. conquistador#11

i've made my peace with mchale as our head coach, everyone should do the same and hope we at least play in seven games in the first round.

1 person likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Got any suggestions? I didn't know great coaches grew on teams.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Edit: Misread the OP.

I've stopped bothering trying to explain to people that non-elite coaches really do grow on trees.

I'll just let the season do the talking. I will guarantee that if Melo or Love or another star comes, McHale will *shockingly* look a lot smarter next year.

#8 meh, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Two players that are "supposed" to be the best at their respective positions can't even beat the blazers. Yea, its hard for a FA to think that his addition alone would = championship. The problems run much deeper, but the F.O (or a power hungry individual) is deluded, or too fond of playing puppeteer with a puppet.

1 person likes this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You set a world record low in standards.

11. J Hard

J Hard Member

I agree. I've said we would've won that series had we had a competent coach.

We had leads deep in every game we played. Poor coaching and lack of Defense is what killed us. Not to mention Harden deciding to foolishly switch Parsons to Lillard, and Terrence Jones blocking air on the inbounds play (laughable) etc

But yeah, Morey's attempt to land another star is a bit desperate on his behalf.

Seems like Morey is the classic case of all the book sense but no common sense.

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Is Morey still considered a genius?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Can someone please find me the quote where Morey says, "I think coaches don't matter." I see it referenced all the time here but what I recall him saying doesn't resemble this in any meaningful way.

14. Jt29

Jt29 Member

I would think like that too but its just morey n mchale homers are soooooo against it. :(

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

****ing! what clutchfans !
    McHale is recruiting free agents with Morey, u guys request to fire him now

16. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Why r there so many stupid guys in the cluchfans?

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He said coaches have at most a +/-5 win effect (which is about the same as a quality roleplayer and pales in comparison to player impact) and that there were only a few coaches around that have that positive impact.

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

Thibs doesn't have Harden + Howard, try again, please...

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

would have rather had lionel hollins with our cap space being used for hawes/deng/chalmers.

instead we hold on to mchale for a chance at recruiting melo. even if we got melo, we would have no bench and no coach and another first or maybe second round exit. with hollins and that group coming off the bench, we would improve to 58-62 wins, and probably take the west next year.

20. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

I agree - great coach plus a star and some vets