1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fireworks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Highwire, Dec 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Highwire

Highwire Member

I've been trying to do a research to see which part of Houston is legal to do fireworks but I couldn't get such info. Is there anybody here knows? And do you guys know where to get fireworks for the New Year celebration?

Thanks.

2. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I'm going to Fairfield (north of Cypress) to shoot them. Supposedly the entire neighborhood does it there. I heard that there is a huge indoor building off of 290 where you can get them.

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

You should pretty much assume that if you are in the Houston city limits that it is illegal to set off fireworks. If you are unsure, call HPD or the Harris County Sheriff's Office.

4. Highwire

Highwire Member

I'm outside Beltway, near Louetta.

Thanks.

5. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

http://www.houstontx.gov/fire/news/120506.html

HFD REMINDS CITIZENS FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL IN THE CITY OF HOUSTON

The Houston Fire Department reminds citizens that it is illegal to discharge fireworks or to have fireworks in your possession in the City of Houston. Harris County residents should also be aware that HFD will be enforcing the fireworks ban in the Limited Purpose Annexation areas.

The fines are anywhere from $500 - $2000 for each individual firework. Each case is different and it would be up to a judge to determine the exact amount. Warnings are no longer used because of the seriousness of the firework laws.

There are inspectors and investigators from the Fire Marshal's office who patrol the City starting 10 days before the new year to remind people of the laws and to answer questions. If there are any fireworks found, they will be confiscated.

If a minor is caught with fireworks, the parent or guardian will receive the fine even if they were unaware of the minor's possession and/or usage.

HFD encourages citizens who wish to view fireworks to attend one of the area's permitted public displays.

Citizens should report all complaints regarding the illegal use of fireworks directly to the HPD Tele-communicator (non-emergency line) at 713-884-3131. If the citizen believes that there may be a fire and/or medical emergency related to the use of fireworks, he/she should dial 9-1-1 and request the HFD.

6. Highwire

Highwire Member

Thanks man. Saw the map and it looked like we're OK to have fireworks. Yeeha!!

Happy New year ya'll.

7. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

We buy our fireworks at the Black Cats Discount Warehouse right off 290 between 1960 and Huffmeister. They usuallly have the best prices around. We always buy them on the first Saturday they sell them because they usually have a half off "Regual Price" sale. (we've figured we save about 15%) This year, the place is under new manangement so they didn't have their sale and we complained to management but who knows if it will do any good.

We usually end up dropping close to a grand and our show gets bigger each year.

The Gold Series 500 gram series is good but pricy.
    The Blond Joke is also a crowd pleaser.

Fairfield is a long way from Clear Lake. Hope you are spending the night and plan to say off the roads with the amature drinkers who are out that night.

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Definitely. I wouldn't go if I had to drive home.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

isn't there a big ass place on 249 also?

10. Highwire

Highwire Member

right, close to Kroger.

11. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

just buy 20 roman candles and try to shoot each other with them...how do you drop a grand on them? (i'm just jealous because i don't have that kind of money)

12. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i dont mind when the neighborhood kids pop them.

Just not over my house, not over my cars, and NOT AT 230 AM. unless im awake, but freaking be courteous.

13. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

4 or 5 families, a couple hundred for each family for fireworks, heat the pool, group parent while the kids are up and then movie time right after midnight, then the parents party until...

plus $40-50 bucks for a good 500 gram firework and your tab tends to get up there.