1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE RUDY T!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocket113, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Einstein,

I said last nights game was NOT good defense...re-read the post. Who is the moron now?

Look at the stats...the Rockets are one of the best defensive teams in the league. Facts are facts whether you like them or not.

Apologist? No. Realist. Yes.

Banning the poster was meant to show how absurd this topic is. I have as much power to ban someone as you do to fire Rudy.

2. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

jxu777, as hard as they are to decipher (i'm guessing english isn't your first language), i've gotta say i enjoy your posts as much as anybody elses on here, and boy did you hit the nail on the head there.

how pathetic is it that somebody on this board makes a comment criticizing rudy, then people call for him to be banned, and call him a troll? isn't that pathetic? some people don't want to hear opinions unless they are opinions riding the rockets' jocks.

Free Agent, what is a troll? is a troll somebody with a low post count? is a troll somebody who recently registered? guess what, buddy. if you are going to judge people's opinions by when they registered, get the hell off the BBS, because you registered 3 months ago, which is after every other member on this thread. your posts are crap, a waste of everybody's time to read, and you are abusive to other posters.

go find another BBS, troll. nobody here will miss you.

3. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Watch your language child.

I couldn't give a flip how many Rockets games you watched, it doesn't mean you have any wit at all. This team is 5th in points scored on it.

So get back under the bridge.

4. jxu777

jxu777 Contributing Member

I won't let you get off this one. Circa 94, I was doing my master's degree thesis on Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Now understand, genius boy?

5. Cohen

I still understand that you're an idiot...16 or 36...master's degree or no...just something you're born with. I should pity you, you really can't help it.

6. jxu777

OK, I take back my dirty words now. You go and read that WHOLE post. Wanna be a Rockets fan? Tell me, when the Rockets ever played good defense without Hakeem man the middle? Did many NBA coaches and scouts already tell you the Yow The Rocket is the reason the Rockets SHOULD be a good defensive team?

Please, take Hakeem and Yao out, when did Rudy ever coarch a good defesive scheme? The Rockets played no-name defense even in Hakeem's twilight days, AFAIK.

Now, do you want to talk about that moron part?

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This thread has deteriorated into a shouting match. Please close it.

There are Rudy critics and Rudy haters in this thread. I hope you guys see the difference.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

doesn't matter if there is a difference. everybody is entitled to share their opinions, and shouldn't be subjected to juvenille insults in retort by posters like Cohen and Free Agent, who are unable to formulate arguments without bashing other users in the process.

9. Cohen

Get your facts straight

The juvenile behaviour was initiated by your cronies. pooh kicked it off by calling Rudy a dumbass and jxu called others here morons. That is unacceptable, and you're damn straight people will take issue with it.

10. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Hey that's a good idea....Dell can be the tough cop telling the players off and then Rudy comes in as the nice cop.
    Anyway, we need someone on coaching stuff with a clue about the strategies of basketball rather than ego messaging.

11. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

But isn't it a coaches decision who starts and partially who we trade for & who we draft?

12. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Numb nuts,

Actually, I've been around a LOT longer...just under a different name, one I won't reveal here.

I don't consider myself anymore "abusive" to posters than you are. Yes, I bash the overreactors on this board. Sue me.

But thanks for your in-depth analysis, doc. Feel free to use the "ignore poster" feature.

13. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Maybe Rudy didn't have the players to play the defense he wanted. Or maybe he's evolved with the team he has now and has been able to stress the importance of it. I know they went into training camp this season with more of an emphasis on it than ever before.

I like how people always forget about the injuries of the star players over the past 3 or 4 years. Don't you think that might have messed up the chemistry of both the defense and offense of the team? If you don't, you are clueless.

My point is the "Fire Rudy" talk should not be addressed until we see how the season shakes out. Again, the team IS in the playoff hunt. And we should be happy for that.

The Rockets HAVE proven they can beat the good teams. And yes, they can lose to the bad ones. The bottom line is I see more positives than negatives with this team.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Uh... not really. It's pretty common for coaches who have won championships in prior years. Witness the way people constantly question Pat Riley's method of running his players very hard at every single practice. While he was winning, everybody thought it was brilliant. Now that he doesn't have the talent around him, they say it alienates players.

The simple fact is that this Rox team is among the youngest in the entire NBA. They have lots of talent, but are a year or two away from becoming a consistant force. This year, they'll continue to ride the roller coaster and will hopefully get some first-round playoff experience; next year, they'll be "on" more than "off" and should make some serious playoff noise; the following year, they should dominate and possibly win the whole thing.

But for the rest of this year, I suggest you Rudy-bashers take a few Valiums or knock back a Sam Adams or two. Or both -- the team's going to be bad as often as it'll be good.

15. montelwilliams

Most of these posters live in Texas, the capital of ultra-conversatism. Don't ever say anything wrong or you'll get banned!

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No we aren't. Soeone ban this guy please.

17. jxu777

I can give that to him as a benefit of the doubt. But we can't say it is Rudy who improved defense this year. Not yet. Rudy also said a LOT about new offense at the same time.

I don't think so. So many average players out of Phill Jackson's camp have eventually become good defensive players. Randy Brown, Steve Kurr, Luc Lanley, Derek Fisher, Tylone Lue, Devean George, etc. Even Toni Kukoc markedly improved his D in the Jackson's system. And they have not much to do with if MJ or Pip were on or off the court.

Playoff shall not be a goal with this group. It must be a routine of a great basketball system that the Rockets can be. Like some other already said clearly, if they aim at playoff, they will be just a playoff team. Even that is not a lock.

That's even a bigger problem that aiming at playoff. It's not a matter of being picky on the Rockets. On the contrary, I can suffer another year or two if it is what it takes to build a dynasty. It's way they are playing that has been driving so many fans to hospitals. If that doesn't raises the flag in your mind, man, I am just speechless.

18. mac.c

mac.c Member

To all of you Rudy lover's, if Rudy were to be canned here I would bet my bottom dollar that he would not get a head coaching job any time soon, the best he could hope for would be an assistant coach.

19. Cohen

..based on your entire MONTH of experience on this board?

20. Cohen

Very insightful. Thanks for the contribution.