1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE RUDY T!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocket113, Jan 21, 2003.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

fire rudy t?
    only if we miss the playoffs again.

2. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Sometimes I wonder if Rudy would not be better served having a former head coach be part of our staff.

Having a Dell Harris on your bench is really a valuable asset.

3. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I guess Rudy's defense scheme has nothing to do with the good defense they've played throughout the year (uh, until last night).

4. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

I know you :) Good point

5. basketball

basketball Contributing Member

If Dallas can have 9 assistant coaches then it woudn't hurt to add a couple to our staff. We might not like Mark cuban but he does try to do everything that he can to bring a championship to Dallas. May be Les should invest on some knowlegable assistant coaches instead of give money to overrated players. May be we can get Murph to coach the guard and Sampson to coach Yao. With our young players we probably need a hand on teaching coach/assistant coach. As far as Rudy goes, I'll vote for giving him until the end of the season to get this team together.

6. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Newbies.... :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Glad you liked my assessment.

7. rocket113

rocket113 Member

I am not a band wagon jumper. Rudy T is a good coach, just not for this type of team. He did well with Hakeem and the rest of the role players. He would be great as a GM, there are not too many people that make moves as well as the rockets. However, this team SHOULD make the playoffs. The core of this team(Francis, Mobley etc..) has been intact for a good 3-4 years now. Correct me if I am wrong about this, but the rockets will likely be the only team to have two all star starters. The rest of the team has good talent also (Mobley, Griffin etc)....If a team like Min(with only one star and PHX which has even less talent and a younger rookie like Amare can and will make the playoffs), why shouldn't the rockets??? Why does it seem like the other scrub centers in the league (like the one's the mav's have) seem to always get more opportunities then "the next great center" in the league. Why is it that every opposing team's announcer seems to think that rockets are not using Yao they way they should. He has proven himself to be a really good player in the post and should be given the ball MUCH more often. These are the things that concern me.

8. JamesC

JamesC Member

Why is it that everytime the rockets lose we have to see another thread about firing Rudy?

9. ShanghaiShark

ShanghaiShark Member

"I thought we played well tonight," said Tomjanovich. "We hustled. We played good defense. We didn't hit our shots."

10. rocket113

rocket113 Member

you beat me to it on that quote from Rudy T. "Played well" Was every one else watching a different game?????

11. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Wow. So when we win Rudy doesn't deserve any credit, but when we lose Rudy gets all the blame? :rolleyes:

Being able to get open shots doesn't require good coaching nowadays I suppose.

If Rudy were fired he would be unemployed for all of 2 seconds before some other teams snatches him up.

Maybe the dumbasses calling for Rudy's head don't realize we are the second youngest team in the NBA. We have a rookie center, a second year power forward and a new small forward. Chemistry is not formed in 41 games. It took Sacramento, Dallas and LA a great number of years before they became what they are right now.

If at the beginning of the year someone told me we would be 23-10 and about 3 games behind San Antonio at the half way mark of the season then I would have been ecstatic.

You Rudy-bashers can't possibly be this stupid.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Thats suppose to say 23-18

13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I blame the desicion making of the players for this loss tonight. I don't think I've ever seen more carless basketball in my life.

14. Roc Paint

Edit:
    careless spelling error. :)

15. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Agreed that it takes time to build chemistry but EVERYBODY in the basketball profession is questioning Rudy's play calling abilities.

They can't all be wrong.

Who cares if Rudy is unemployed for 2 seconds, the team that snatches him up will realize that he is overrated. Nice guy, but overrated.

16. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

I'm not the biggest fan of Rudy, but there aren't more than a couple other coaches in the NBA that can actually talk.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Who are all these people that are questioning Rudy??

18. Roc Paint

These are the same people who are posting insane trade ideas.

I think it's some kind of conspiracy or something.

19. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

and the....and the...and the......and the.......and the......game on:D :D

20. tsl99

tsl99 Member

I have followed Rockets game long time ago, there is NO doubt Rocket's problem starting from Coach. Houston just like Lakers team before Phil Jackson came in.

I believe Rudy thought his job is pretty secure, actully, it is more painful watching Barkely's isolation game long time ago, and never changed since then.