1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire JVG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bplld, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

You are getting a bit unhinged--- Yao is a 19 pt. 9 reb player who commands double teams -if this coaching staff doesn't know how to make the most out of his strengths-there will be a lot of other teams that will be willing to figure them out.

2. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

I think you could take some loser off the street with ZERO business experince and set him in the GM's office for 2 hours and I think he could get you many teams that would GLADLY take your 19/9 stiff :rolleyes: off your hands.

3. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

This team built around him for what? Championship or just playoff?

Does this team look like a championship team even T-Mac comes back?

This offseason is a total failure.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Van Gundy deserves and will get the entire season. There's no need to Bob Hill the guy. But the Rockets should not be THIS bad without T-Mac. 0-6 now without the guy. Van Gundy isn't making any adjustments other than plugging Head into the starting lineup, and that has more to do with Alston's injury than Head's impressive play so far.

The only reason to can Van Gundy before the season is over is if the organization decides to tank for a high lottery pick should they remain well below .500 come 2006. At that point, he may as well get Bob Hill'd.

5. patlabor1

patlabor1 Member

I have a feeling when Ming gets a bit older he will be one of those guys kicked around traded from team to team maybe even to Toronto with teams trying to pick up a C or dump salary or trying to ride what was left of his fame. .

I feel kind of bad for him but I think (based on intuition) his fate would wind up that way.

This event may occur far sooner than later :(

6. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

AMEN BROTHER!!!! :D :D

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the problem is, even if we have a great month in Dec we will be lucky to climb over .500.

the problem i have with fireing JVG is there is no one that can replace him. we should've grabbed phil jackson when we had the chance.

8. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Finally, count me in.

May I suggest Mario 'THE JUNKYARD DOG" THE SEASON IS LOST ANYWAY

9. derrick

derrick Member

If JVG isn't coaching this team, we would have no wins. He is a brillant coach.. just ask his players. This team will turn around.. we shoudl blame the players, not the coach.

10. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

Yao sucked big time recently, but at the same time, lots of ppl are saying Yao's conditioning looks much better than last season. Aren't those two things contradict with each other? we thought Yao couldn't perform better last season due to his physical conditions and his "heart". this year, he's obviously improved on both, so how the hell is he still sucking this much? Is it the coach? is it the teammates? but aren't these excuses getting old? I'm really confused.

Yao's not going anywhere, the rockets organization is stuck with him, so if someone has to go, it has to be the coach.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Climbing above .500 by the new year will be tough. But if they can get to within a game or 2 of the .500 mark, the season is clearly salvagable. Big if though, especially if T-Mac doesn't get healthy soon.

The Rockets were not gonna can Van Gundy after a 51-win season to bring in Phillip. Now extending his contract an additional year for no reason whatsoever(aside from showing loyalty) was a boneheaded move.

12. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Who else will loose this bad with all this talent. Who else can get all these talented players and convert them to this pathetic team that they can not even hit an open five footer.
    Rudy was the opposite he would get CBA nobodies and make them somebody.........

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

"What took you so long?!".....Neuman

14. bplld

bplld Contributing Member

Yeah, the texans say the exact same thing. You will rarely find someone complaining about the coach, until after the trade.

15. shawn786

shawn786 Member

HAHA i was wondering when someone was gona start a thread on "Fire Gundy". I remember when it popped up last season, it must have lasted the whole year. People kept on posting and posting. Lets see how much life this one has...

16. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Stan is that ? ;)

17. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Are we even a .500 caliber team?

:mad:

theSAGE

18. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

if he isn't going to change his offensively philosophy, he's gotta go. i thought he realized it last year when the rocks were able to break some and get easy buckets that you can turn good defense into easy offense but he's regressed to his old grind it out crap again, with no ball and player movement. if he doesn't change, and that looks very unlikely, he needs to go. he will never win a championship for houston or anyone the way he runs the offense.

19. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

I won't be surprised if the Gundy's will start a fishing company before this year ends...

20. sun12

sun12 Member

This team is like the old Orlando Magic team without even a shooter.
    T-mac plus a bunch of nobodies. There is even no Mike Miller there, no Bo Outlaw, you think this team with T-mac can go anywhere?

Rox = Magic

Yao > Whoever?
    Howard = Howard
    Ryan Bowen < Mike Miller
    T-mac = T-mac
    Tyon Lue = Head/Alston

Without T-mac in the lineup, this team will be the Orlando Magic a couple of years ago.