1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I thought The spacing was alot better in the 4th. i mean allthrought the game you had guys just bumbling around the Court like they had no freaking clue where the ball was going next. no Communication whatsoever. in the 4th i though the players Adjusted to there roles and there spots alot better. i saw a few positives Spots in the 4th.

2. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

It's funny how some people think that his roster is capable of scoring 100 pts a game or something. We have no shooters and no athleticism. If you don't have either one or both, you have no prayer of being good on offense.

Now, part of that maybe JVG's fault for making the roster the way it is, but no coach could coach this roster to score more than 90 a game unless you play reckless.

3. jediknight94595

jediknight94595 Contributing Member

I wonder who Van Grumpy is yelling at tonight? Probably Yao again. It's easy to yell at Yao. He doesn't talk back. :D

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

"they just weren't hitting shots" stops working when you say it after every single game. at some point that's just the way it is. and the way it is, our offense sucks under jvg.

thanks to a take home test i was at the computer lab but i got to see the final play on SC. omg, they blew two layups to beat us! damn that was close to another loss.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The problem with the JVG offense is that if the jumpshots aren't falling, there doesn't seem to be any other type of offense to go to....

In other words, switch to a more drive oriented offense....

DD

6. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Other than T-Mac, who else is capable of driving? Possibly Barrett?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Barrett, Gaines, Nachbar, Sura, JJ, to name a few......

DD

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, they brought Padgett in and spread the floor. Soooo easy to figure out. Padgett created space and canned a couple 3's. If him or Boki would have started at the 3 tonight, with TMac doing his thing and gotten significant minutes, this game would not have been close.

9. vincejas

vincejas Member

We have the worst coach in the league and the most boring team in the nba. We have an underachieving center in yao. We have two pf's who dont want to rebound and guards who cant shoot. We have a top five player in TMAC who doesnt have the heart and the passion to will his team to victory. And the rockets have the worst fans in the nba. Go Lebron. Go cavs.

10. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Well a JVG coached team will never consistantly put up 90+ points a game. I think that this season is even more boring to watch than last season. Until JVG takes lets his players just go out and play this will always be the most boring brand of basketball to watch. :mad:

11. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

JVG has got to go. I'm no expert, but someone please tell me why Bowen was taken out after hitting his first 3 jumpers in the first quarter, and why was Yao taken out in the 3rd quarter after scoring 10 in a row (even if he was tired, I think we could've milked him until he stoppped producing before giving him a long rest). Also, what is going on with Boki?!!!

12. fya

fya Member

Fire van dummy!

13. dugtzu

dugtzu Contributing Member

how would you perform w/jvg constantly in your ear. just watch him on the sideline during games- he "talks" to the players more than any coach ive ever seen (carlesimo was close though).

at one point during the game against the sixers, barrett gets the inbounds and starts taking off up the court but then hesitates to look over at jvg who is waving his arms in a hurry up motion! i didnt even see a need for that. a coach has to trust his players at some point.

i know this has been said before, but almost everything i see points to it....the team is trying to please a guy that will never be pleased and we are losing confidence because of it.

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

[​IMG]

15. sun12

sun12 Member

It would be a HUGE mistake for JVG to go. JVG is a good coach but inheritted bad players who just can not do well no matter what.

CD drafted all these players and signed the FAs. If Rox (or the Houston Magic) really wants to change the management. It would be a far better idea for CD to leave first, then the new GM would decide if he wants to keep JVG.

16. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

haha.

17. sun12

sun12 Member

Guys please see the big picture.

Remember for the Orlando Magic, they fired the coach as well as the GM, then the new GM came in and turned the team around. If Rox fires JVG while keeping CD, the team won't do well either.
    I guarantee it.

The mistake of Les is that the year Rudy left, he should let CD go as well and hire a new GM, then the new GM would bring in a new coach and new players.

18. porsche911

porsche911 Member

[​IMG]

Caption this hilarious pic! :)

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I didn't shoot JFK. Why are you shooting me, Jack Ruby?

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Well, the Cavs in the Fratello days was worse, but that team had all CBA players.