1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can't handle legitimate criticism

@ChronBrianSmith: Added “I really don’t want to hear it this week” after saying he doesn’t want to hear any “BS” about poor clock management. #Texans

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Confirmed, Bill O'Brien is a motherf*cking p***y @Snow Villiers

He needs to get out of the kitchen.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I find it hard to attack O'Brein for this season with so many injuries.

Two Sandwiches and mario_v like this.
  4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

How can a sorry coach like O'Brien get such a pass with the media? They should be all over his ass. Hey buttchin, if you don't want to hear any BS about poor clock management then stop making clock management mistakes idiot. What a jerk.

juanm34 and arabrocket like this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I didn't know Rick Smith actually will have an account in a Rockets fan forum.

juanm34 likes this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The only time the obrien offense has worked is when Watson made magic happen after plays would break down.

juanm34 likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

@billbarnwell: Bill O’Brien very angry about “BS” 4th down clock management talk b/c he’s saving his TO for fourth-down money plays https://t.co/CjyVKH3ZvT

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

The man is a dunce when it comes to clock management.

juanm34 likes this.
  9. texian

texian Member

Were they able to run 4 plays from the 7 yard line?

Yes. Timeout didn't matter.

Is Savage still Savage?

Yes.

10. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

This. We got 4 plays in. Just couldn't do anything

11. Mr. Clutch

Savage is another OBrien guy

And maybe we could have run better plays with more time

roxallways likes this.
  12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Boob O'Brien a bitc h tbh...

J.R. likes this.
  13. texian

texian Member

Like when the QB runs around and throws a last second dart to the barely open WR in the back of the end zone?

Or the one where the QB runs around and and then sees an opening and dives over the defense into the endzone for a TD?

LOL.

Tom Savage has cement for feet. He was a 4th round supplemental pick when Rick blew it on Carr/Garappolo.

You need to become a Cleveland Browns fan. You'd be really good at that.

TheFreak likes this.
  14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

To be clear here, OBrien loves Savage.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I see a lot of you are still crashing. Don't worry. We'll get through this together.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Didn't watch the game live, but I recorded it. Considered watching the recording but decided to just delete it instead. I feel good about that decision.

What is even the point in watching the Texans the rest of this season? What are we looking for? What are we hoping for?

A sad division title and the accompanying round 1 blowout? A good 3rd round draft pick?

It's a damn shame I can't just simulate through this season and off-season and get to training camp.

17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Dont fire him now. But he has to go before Deshaun plays another game . Time management and execution are not prolevel.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Thought it'd be hard to base the decision on BoB on how the rest of this season went but this was about as bad of a start as you could get IMO. Just an absolute horrible performance at home versus last place division rivals. This could easily be a 3-4 win team.

19. Mr. Clutch

Football Outsiders:

Aaron Schatz: With 42 seconds left, Houston has Tom Savage complete a pass to DeAndre Hopkins for 10 yards. The next play takes place at 18 seconds left. I have no idea how the Texans managed to waste that much time between Hopkins catching the pass and snapping the ball on the next play.

Tom Gower: The Texans took 24 seconds between plays, and they had a timeout! I don't get it.

Rivers McCown: I never really understood what it was like to receive this kind of pity until this season. As a lifelong Texans fan, I had never known what an actual franchise quarterback could do. I mean, I knew what it was like from watching other teams, but I never knew the feeling. And so this is the feeling: Watching Tom Savage play quarterback after five weeks of Deshaun Watson is like quitting heroin cold turkey. I'm not normally an optimist anyway, but I'm in a foul mood watching this team peckerslap the ball around on offense, and watching Jadeveon Clowney give up the edge easily, and watching Juli'en Davenport, the player put in the spotlight after the Duane Browntrade, get lit up so badly he was benched after just a half. I don't understand why the Texans spent 45 minutes pretending that slow-developing routes made sense with the slowest NFL quarterback and no offensive line. Houston's official Twitter feed is trying to celebrate the few minute things the Texans have done right like it matters and I feel like we're in a post-logic world where people just shout stupid things to see if anyone will believe them.

It's neat and all that they were able to manage a little bit of a comeback at home against the garbage-time sets of one of the worst teams in the NFL, mostly because of a defensive touchdown. I don't blame Savage, who is only a starter because of circumstance and is trying his best. It's not his fault that a bunch of doofuses in track suits decided that he was tall and had enough arm to play quarterback despite, y'know, not even being a good college quarterback. If this team doesn't sign Colin Kaepernick this will likely be the last time I watch a full game of theirs this season. I will go out of my way to find other games.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Development of younger players is the only thing I will pay attention to. Davenport believe it or not, played better than I thought he would yesterday.

I also want to see the emergence of Kevin Johnson. He doesn't seem very aware of in game situations. It has been concerning.