1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I'm not blaming Bill O'Brien yet. Brock Osweiler is the problem. Look at the past two years; Bill O'Brien got the best out of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett (not a lot though), Casey Keenum, Brian Hoyer, and TJ Yates. All of those QB's did a much better job than Brock Osweiler, and the Texans' offense played better under them than with Brock Osweiler.

ramotadab and Blake like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Don't ignore the offensive line. This year's crew is the worst collective unit since the expansion years.

BOB does need some fundamental pieces to be in place and be stable for his stuff to work... he doesn't seem to have the ability to fully adapt ("dumb down") his game-plan when the right pieces aren't there.

Two Sandwiches and Blake like this.
  3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Oh yeah, the offensive line is also a huge problem. It has always been the problem since Bill O'Brien arrived. But despite that, Brian Hoyer and TJ Yates were still able to make plays. This year the Offensive line has been worse; so I can make that excuse for Brock Osweiler and Bill O'Brien. But Brock Osweiler is a 70 + million Quarterback. A QB getting that money should step up and have no problem with any O line playing under him.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a 37 million dollar QB. He's a QB with 20 starts in his career who is on a 2 year contract.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

By that logic, you SHOULD blame O'Brien. Look at what Kubiak was able to do with Osweiller last year. Much better than we are seeing from him this year.

6. magman

magman Member

I definitely have one foot out of the door, each game makes me question his decisions more and more.

I wouldn't be too sad if he would go back to college if the Notre Dame job is available, he can take is "complicated, and sophisticated" offense with him.

BigShasta and bobloblaw like this.
  7. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Oh, s*** what a dumb ass I am. LOL But that is still a lot of money. He should show he is worth that money.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

No. I remember there were issues between Brock Osweiler and Bill O'Brien in the off season. Bill O'Brien said he compares Brock Osweiler to Tom Brady. But Brock said he doesn't want to be compared to no one, and he also said he doesn't want to be used as a "puppet". To me that tells me that Brock is a knuckle head who doesn't want to contribute to what his coaches are telling him and play their style. Brock Osweiler is the Dwight Howard of football.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's got one more year to prove that he is, or he'll be done.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wait. You expect Brock to respond with "oh yeah, that's great. I'm going to be just like Tom Brady. Me and him are just about twins." Of all the things to criticize Brock about, his responses to the media is the worst you could have chosen. Dude always says the right thing.

You just said O'Brien compared Brock to Brady. HE COMPARED BROCK TO BRADY. And you choose to criticize Brock's response? What's next Charles James is the new Deion Sanders?

MSBRockets and Two Sandwiches like this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The offense blows despite spending money and picks. This are Bob's hand picked guys

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its one thing that you made a bad decision to sign a suck ass QB, hey shlt happens, both the coach and the GM should take some blames of course.

But its just mind boggling that game in and game out seeing BoB standing at the sideline looking like a helpless ape with no clues what is going on with the game : poor game clock management, many times of bad challenges or non challenges, terrible game plans, and probably the worst game calling in the whole league.

A great coach will help a team to win the championship, a decent coach will help the team to win couple more games to get into the playoff,

and then we have Bob.

Today is a perfect example.

In the last Texans drive, 3rd and 1, probably the play to define the season, with the running game going so strong and basically the only hope the Texans had to pick up the first down and melt the clock down, the setting out of the hurdle was a forking empty backfield spread offense, with an immobile QB at shotgun?

And then when the play clock down to the last 5 seconds, the only guy in motion moving back to center was Blue - who just fumbled the ball in his last carry?

WTF was this play about? Did we really think the whole Colts defense were complete r****ds or they were all Stevie Wonder?

primtim24 likes this.
  13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Dude, what is wrong to being compared to a Hall Fame? I would be proud to be compared to a Hall of fame if I was a QB. I would take that as a compliment. Brock Osweiler is a mental midget, a** wipe.

14. thedude077

thedude077 Member

@Nimo I'm not done with you yet. What Bill O'Brien said about Brock comparing him to Tom Brady was just a compliment. Players get that a lot. Kobe got compared to MJ various of times. And he didn't had a problem with that. WTF is wrong with that? That is pure mental midget. Brock should take those comparisons as a compliment, and be proud he has talent. Brock Osweiler is a mental midget who only thinks of himself. The Broncos did had issues with him last year; Brock did complain a lot about their offense. That tells me he is a knuckle head who doesn't want to follow his coaches. The way the Texans' offense is playing this year compare to "last year" proofs my point. End of discussion.

#754 thedude077, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I honestly was gonna mention "stubborness" issues about Osweiler too weeks ago.

How he grumbled about getting benched for Peyton Manning, fussing about their offense, and spurning them going to Houston just for that reason. Then getting in disagreements with B'OB, running his own plays in games, and the feistiness in his interviews. Even going back to him choosing colleges it seemed he had to have things to "his" preference (School had to give him both bball and football. Thats a minor demand truthfully, though a show of needing his way).

Its cool if its competitor's edge, upward mobile Chandler Parsons. But that can be arrogant and thick-headed too on the other end (Example: Manziel, Johnny) Was gonna say he should look into how Phillip Rivers prepares but he was already under Peyton Manning for years, he should know proper preparation and minset

16. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He is prone to getting too cute with his play book. We complain about his bread n butter 2nd down run play, but a switch flips and we get what you described, and Duane Brown eligible receiver goal line shenanigans. Someone on here says it a lot, but it really has this "smartest guy in the room" feel about it.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Smartest guy in the room, but lazy. I dont think he really does enough research to see if these trick plays and risky signings and picks will work.

18. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Exactly. Tell that to the ppl here that were calling out others for complaining about the team when we were 6-3. 4 games later we're 7-6 and still unimpressive. The plays were bad, the decisions were poor....

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're about to turn the corner

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

37 fully guaranteed. He signed a $72 million contract though.