1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fines for coaches for hacking? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 757dstreet, Apr 13, 2015.

1. 757dstreet

757dstreet Member

I had a discussion with a friend the other day about this, and this morning I sent this email to NBA.com... Please share your thoughts.

Greetings NBA front office,

I am writing this e-mail to propose an action against coaches who use the "hack" strategy on teams and/or individual players during the regular play of the game. The proposal is a simple take on the "If you do 'a' because of 'b', then why don't you do 'c' because of 'd'?" principle. Basically, the reference is to flopping. Flopping in the NBA for a number of years was a distractor to the game, and as you know has recently been reduced, due to the administering of fines to NBA players who have been deemed to be frequent floppers. My proposal is simple, if you fine NBA players for flopping, why can you not fine NBA coaches for directing his team to hack their opponents? When a player flops, his attempt is to draw a foul, a "fake" foul, with the direct intention of halting the opposing team's play. When a coach calls for the hacking strategy, they are committing a foul, a "fake" foul, with the direct intention of halting the opposing team's play. It's the same concept, with the same intent, but just converse executions.