1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally, the Truth about Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TC777JLIN168, Dec 28, 2012.

1. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Negative reputation may only be given if the administrator has enabled this. I don't think the administrator enable that for most of posters. I guess most here can only give positive reputation.

The only logic I can think of that **** talking anonymous user who strangely gave rep is that rep message box is the only place where he can remain anonymous. Let's face it, a few rep points don't mean that much and wouldn't automatically give you another green bar under your username.

1 person likes this.
  2. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I guess I figured it all out, haha. This creepy who left **** message in people's rep box just showed up again and left message anonymously right to my above post:

"i am here, watching you. always. it puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again. do you see?"

Clutch, can you do something about this low-life who is a wuss and does nothing but hide in the dark to stalk people? I'm sure you know who this garbage is. This type of low-life deserves to be banned.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

First of all, Jeremy Lin is a 3rd year player. Rookies who have only the benefit of one training camp =/= player with 1 1/2 seasons of practice before playing. Also, Jeremy Lin is 24 right now. The players you listed includes many much younger players.

But even if one were to ignore that, I have seen these type of stuff on this board for years now. Every time the Rockets have a youngster that post good numbers, inevitably someone posts something like this with a bunch of stars and young Rocket player A in comparison. It has happened for a long time now, and so far none of them have turned into stars.

This is because the difference between a star and JAG is how they improve from season to season. Plenty of young guys do fairly well early on. Only a select few actually improves year to year until they reach star level. And we'll wait and see on that.

4. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

Agreed, and it's stupid to compare Lin to rookies and sophomores. It's difficult to compare him to anyone in terms of development given his unconventional career path.

Greg Smith is a sophomore and playing incredibly well right now, but because he received barely any minutes in his rookie year should we compare him to rooks? That's silly, Smith has improved dramatically from his rookie year to sophomore year, even if it wasn't primarily done through NBA playing time.

5. gate470

gate470 Rookie

Lin's making an average, starting PG salary. 11'12 stats show that PG's in the 8 million range weren't even averaging 13/7. I believe Lin will finish the year above 13/7. PR move? I doubt it. People still don't go to games.

Hee hee, Parsons is the 2nd best player. Only homegrown guys get that kind of love.

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

wow...

7. gate470

gate470 Rookie

You nailed it. Pretty sad that this is the culture. xoh/xof (been around longer than Lin) talk should be banned, it ruins the conversation around here.

8. art

art Member

range just isn't there yet
    needs to just shoot the mid range. He is ok on those

9. ERC

ERC Member

I got one too. In one of my post about our backcourt's TO where I never mentioned Lin or Harden individually, he repped but commented,

"It's obvious you only care when he is hurting Lin's assist stats. Can you be any more obvious 12er?"​

Hey anonymous CF fan, thanks for the rep! I could always use more green reps... ;)

10. Roxs

Roxs Member

A. Jeremy Lin is rookie, an unconventionial one, but a rookie according minutes, game starts, and most importantly to his coaches.

B. Way to miss my point. The exercise was to show that you CAN'T extrapolate greatness from rookie years not to confirm that Lin will be great. I actually made it a point in bold to say that you can't say he'll be Steve Nash or that he will be.

11. Roxs

Roxs Member

This is happening to me too.

I'm just trying to have civil discussions.

I hate getting caught in all this stupid LOF/LOH crap when Lin isn't even my favorite player on the team.

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Oh no, don't ban him! I'd like more repps! Next time please send him my way :cool:

In all seriousness, hope you don't feel alarmed or violated. He can't hurt you.

1 person likes this.
  13. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

What if the person who sent it to you

was Clutch?
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. jocar

jocar Member

Rofl! That was me dude, just messing with you! I got the idea when you said how creepy it was to have someone sending private messages.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WCSZfmbFJyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  15. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

HAHAH:grin: gREAT!

16. dchoye

dchoye Member

I agree with this.
    2 and 3 dont really hate Lin
    When/if Lin becomes great then Lin will win those groups over.
    True LOH are catagory 1 which really are many.
    There's a poster on youtube named Filipinos4Islanders who for whatever reason has been putting Lin hate videos since his playing days in Golden State.
    I suspect he's some Flip racist towards Asians.
    this is really sad, cause there's nothing really to hate about Lin at all.

17. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

Great education for Rox fans. Most of them need something like this-- an objective way to assess a player.

18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I totally agree.

I have long suspected that many posters on this forum are not real Rockets fans.

A real Rockets fan, as it occur to me right now, is some one who, with all his/her rights to like or dislike a certain player on the team, would always have a genuine interest and take the action to:
    1) learn all aspects of the NBA basketball game--individual skill sets, team offensive and defensive plays and sets, NBA rules, etc.
    2) learn every thing they can about our players to warrant an objective assessment;
    3) watch enough video replays of previous games of certain players
    4) want to see the Rockets grow and become better in the league
    5) rather than just venting their emotions, provide productive or constructive ideas
    6) understand where our young squad is at right now in terms of their professional development, individually and collectively;
    7) take a deep breath and think twice before they hit that Summit Reply button to post anything on this forum.

Look forward to seeing more real good comments.

19. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

How many games has Vasquez played so far in NBA?

20. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I like your approach--just providing facts and data--to help people understand and hopefully reflect on their own thinking and impressions about things and people, and adjust accordingly.

I welcome more posts like this.