1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally, the Truth about Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TC777JLIN168, Dec 28, 2012.

1. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Who repped me but at the same time left message: " "the most popular player" lol, it's like you're just using him to boost your own self esteem"?

First, why did you rep me when you obviously laughed at me for my post? What kind of logic is that??? Oh, please leave your screen name next time if you disagree with me so we can argue.

Second, I never said anywhere on this forum that Lin is the best player, actually I don't even think he is the second best player on the team. But if you don't agree he is the most popular player on the team, I don't know what to tell you, guess your definition of 'popular' is simply different than most of the other people's.

"using him to boost your own self esteem"? What does my post of mere mentioning that Lin is the most popular player therefore being talked more here have anything to do with my self-esteem??? What kind of reasoning and logic is that??? Bizarre. Obviously based on your logic, I didn't have much self-esteem when I made those some 500+ comments discussing different issues in various threads here, LAMO.

Whoever left that message to me, seriously, you need to take some logic class, bro. Your way of thinking and reasoning is truly maddening. :eek:

2. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

Basketball reference lets you do a player comparison.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com...sum=0&p1=dragigo01&y1=2013&p2=linje01&y2=2013

3. sew

sew Member

Don't let them get to you. It's infinitely simpler to just ignore that LOF's.

1 person likes this.
  4. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Haha, some loser out there :p

"Haters are like crickets; they make a lot of noise. You can hear but you never see them, then you walk right by them and they're quiet." ~ Anonymous

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

When is critic a player,it has nothing to do with race,color, or creed. If gms thought a sea world park worker could bea good player they would sign him. The lin hate or praise is really on the level of tebow in terms of ferocity and misguidedness.

Was lin worth the contrat the rockets gave him? No considering how morey deals with contracts. I think many saw this as a pr move. A move to keep enough people coming to the toyota center while they rebuild. Owners fire more gms and vp over hot dog and beer sales over record. In the end, lin will be judged by his production, not his story. I think he's a solid player and maybe,just maybe, he can be used to get a better player.We know harden is the man and parsons is probably the 2nd best player along with probably asik. Everyone else should be trade bait to upgrade the roster imo.

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets have been in Houston for close to 45 years, your point and example are not comparable.

7. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

And yet here everyone is, still talking about him, or rather how annoying his fans are, when they could be making threads about Harden, Asik, and Parsons.

8. Alex L.

Haha...just checked my CP and I got repped with an anonymous message with so many **** that I couldn't make out what he was trying to say. Thanks for the rep anyway, I can use some green dots...LMAO...

Haters are like crickets; they make a lot of noise. You can hear but you never see them, then you walk right by them and they're quiet.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I normally ignore your attempts at snark but I can't resist this time. The rockets have been in houston for 41 years. The oilers were in houston for 38 years when they moved. Why are you being intellectually dishonest? That's a rhetorical question for you, by the way, so pleas don't bother trying to formulate some witty reply. Just remind everyone of your awesome lawyer skills and the large amounts of money that you have donated.

10. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

If you're not a LOF then why are you offended by comment about Lin only fans.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

In other words, if the hornets relocated to houston and the rockets relocated to say nashville, who would still be rooting for the rockets? Lin fans or people from houston? There's plenty of people who became rockets fans because of olajuwon.

12. Roxs

Roxs Member

My bad, I thought I included the players as spoilers.

Rookie year numbers of consensus elite guards + Jeremy Lin:

A: 2668 MP, 40% FG%, 15.3 PTS, 5.3 AST, 4.9 TRB, 1.3 STL, 3.3 TOV
    B: 2307 MP, 42% FG, 10.8 PTS, 4.5 AST, 2.4 TRB, 0.8 STL, 1.8 TOV
    C: 1664 MP, 42% FG, 9.1 PTS, 3.4 AST, 2.1 TRB, 0.8 STL, 1.9 TOV
    D: 1853 MP, 43% FG, 15.1 PTS, 6.9 AST, 3.8 TRB, 1.9 STL, 3.3 TOV
    E: 2808 MP, 43% FG, 16.1 PTS, 7.8 AST, 5.1 TRB, 2.2 STL, 2.3 TOV
    F: 1831 MP, 42% FG, 6.4 PTS, 3.8 AST, 3.7 TRB, 1.6 STL, 1.9 TOV
    G: 3192 MP, 43% FG, 13.8 PTS, 7.3 AST, 3.4 TRB, 2.1 STL, 2.8 TOV
    H: 2126 MP, 47% FG, 16.2 PTS, 4.5 AST, 4.0 TRB, 1.4 STL, 3.2 TOV
    I: 1738 MP, 40% FG, 15.6 PTS, 2.8 AST, 5.1 TRB, 1.7 STL, 2.2 TOV

A: Russel Westbrook
    B: Deron Williams
    C: Steve Nash (Year 2) since he only had 600 mins in Year 1
    D: Jeremy Lin (26 Starter games with Knicks and this year with Houston)
    E: Chris Paul
    F: Rajon Rondo
    G: Byron Davis
    H: Dwayne Wade
    I: James Harden

Not saying Jeremy is an elite guard, just saying his rookie numbers are comparable if not equal.

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

ahaha :grin: so you think now he will be more logical and take those classes?:grin:

btw I applaud that guy for repping you even not agreeing with you...its very wise imho...

14. Jedster

Jedster Member

I saw this and it gave me new information about Jeremy's past. For example, I now know whose couch was more comfortable and why... LOL
    Disclaimer: Only for people who care. Do not click on this if you don't like Lin.

http://youtu.be/v2E9XbK0C_4

15. itachen

itachen Member

Haha, I also got repped by a critic:

Funny how the statement has no relation to what I posted... (If you guys don't want to see Lin in the All Star game, then don't vote for Omer Asik or Chandler Parsons as well. What's the point of voting if you complain when your players end up winning a spot?) But like Jeremy Lin said, "the more flagrant fouls the better", if I get a rep for that, why not :grin: Keep 'em coming!

16. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I also had one recently when I posted that Jeremy was trending on Google. Some people are just way too sensitive. :grin:

17. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

What is going on here? Strange, isn't it? I thought it's a bizarre but unique case but apparently someone crazy/drunk/stupid did the same to quite a few posters just there two days. There is another complaint from that thread: 2nd All star Returns in. http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=7478420&postcount=333

I find the user who anonymously left stupid/**** messages to other poster's private box very creepy. I mean, whatever he disagrees with other peoples' comments, he can always argue with them in the thread. But he didn't want to do that, instead, he only left anonymous messages talking **** on people's CP.

From his illogical and non-sense messages, I don't think he is wise. I guess more to do with him being simply stupid, not knowing what rep means and how this site works.

I hope this forum makes some change to force people leave their screen names when they post messages on other people's private page thus reduces/prevents some creepy behavior.

18. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I believe Torocan is a Lin Fan and I wonder if he also get any NEGATIVE Repp?

19. Alex L.

Haha...good analogy. I like those cricket-repps. Much better than the negative rep that I received for having commented on an old thread that Clutch tweeted, and got penalized for "bumping" it. You would think if "bumping" is discouraged the thread would have been closed before being tweeted. Felt entrapped.

Funny thing is, I used to have my settings set so that people can send me private messages. Of course Mr. Cricket didn't want to reveal his identity and chose to repp me instead. I have now changed my settings so that if you want to **** me, you have to flagrant-foul me :grin:

"Haters are like crickets; they make a lot of noise, you can hear but you never see them, then you walk right by them and they're quiet."

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I'm sure there are a few others but torocan is about the only Lin fan I can think of that I don't roll my eyes after reading his posts. You can tell he is here because of Lin, but isn't completely biased or irrational in his fandom. Wish there were more new posters like him.

1 person likes this.